Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DISTORTED PICTURE, PICTURE FREEZING

Highlighted
Tutor

DISTORTED PICTURE, PICTURE FREEZING

HAVE A LOT OF CHANNELS WITH DISTORTED, PIXELS MESSED UP AND FREEZING.  NOT ON ALL CHANNELS BUT ON A LOT LIKE 231, 245, 247, 206, ETC.

Tags (1)
Message 18 of 337
Teacher

pixalating picture

I had an issue on sat night..... worked fine all day til about 8pm I received the error message "searching for satelite 771" but had a picture on tv with DVR (all other receivers appear to be working fine)
I tried resetting with the red reset button still had picture going in and out with error message "771" appearing on occasion including an error message stating to order for pay per view on a non pay per view channel. I tried unplugging to reset twice the picture finally got better but still had pixalated picture now and again. Sunday the picture was fine til around 8 pm again and had a slight pixalation issue again but not as severe as saturday night. the cables appear to be connected correctly and screwed in tight.
Message 1 of 337
Contributor

I have a channel (ESPN channel 206) that is pixelating. what can be the cause?

I have a channel (ESPN) that is pixel-ating.  what can be the cause? it started about 2 months ago, and doesn't do it all the time.  Does not appear to be weather related.  We don't have the problem on other channels at the same time.  What types of things can I do to troubleshoot this here before placing a service call?

Thanks

Message 2 of 337
Mentor

Re: I have a channel (ESPN channel 206) that is pixelating. what can be the cause?

you can try to check the resolution settings, it might solve the issue.

Message 3 of 337
Contributor

Some channels glitchy pixelated

Randomly today some of my channels started working very poorly and some are completely fine.  I ran satellite transponders test sat 101 and both inputs both came out the same.  1-8 95 98 96 0 95 95 96 95.  9-16 95 96 96 89 96 94 96 95    17-24. 96 0 96 95 96 95 96 96.   25-32 97 0 97 0 96 96 97 96.   Is my dish out of alignment?  Or is their a simpler fix?

Message 4 of 337
Contributor

Espn channels

The ESPN channels are breaking up on me this morning other channels are fine.  I  live in Waco , are others having this problem?

Message 5 of 337
Contributor

What is up with ESPN and ESPN 2?

I'm currently on hold with tech support (for a half hour now) and I have been unable to speak to a human representative. Please note both of the ESPN channels are scrambled in reception.

Message 6 of 337
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Contributor)
Accepted by Thefooz1
‎11-02-2019 3:40 PM

Re: Some channels glitchy pixelated

@Thefooz1 wrote:

Randomly today some of my channels started working very poorly and some are completely fine.  I ran satellite transponders test sat 101 and both inputs both came out the same.  1-8 95 98 96 0 95 95 96 95.  9-16 95 96 96 89 96 94 96 95    17-24. 96 0 96 95 96 95 96 96.   25-32 97 0 97 0 96 96 97 96.   Is my dish out of alignment?  Or is their a simpler fix?

Others have posted that DirecTV acknowledged it's a satellite issue that they're working to fix ASAP.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 337
Contributor

Problem with ESPN channels

ESPN channels are breaking up some, are others having this problem?

Message 8 of 337
Mentor

Re: Problem with ESPN channels

I came here to see if others are having this issue.

It's seems like it is every other channel.

Unfortunately the K-State vs KU game starts soon and can't see on FS1.

Message 9 of 337
Contributor

Yes, all channels except local channels are pixelating as of 2:00 p.m. in Katy, TX

Message 10 of 337
Contributor

Yes.  All channels except local channels are pixelating as of 2:00 p.m. in Katy, TX.  Tried a reset but that didn't help.

Message 11 of 337
Contributor

I am having trouble with about 18 channels in the 200 range of channels.  I reset the receiver but it is still having the issue.

Message 12 of 337
Tutor

All channels messing up except Local ones

Any hope this will be resolved before my husband wants to watch the Auburn game at 630 central time 

Message 13 of 337
Teacher

Re: Some channels glitchy pixelated

I'm having the same problems.  Did all the things to try and fix, didn't work.

Message 14 of 337
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support