Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DISCONNECT WIRELESS WI-FI

Highlighted
Tutor

DISCONNECT WIRELESS WI-FI

My GENIE has hooked up to my internet wireless by itself. I do not want DIRECTV to be paired with my internet. It made the wireless connection without me knowing about it.

I was checking my NETWORK SHARING CENTER in CONTROL PANEL on my computer, and I saw DIRECTV is sharing my network. I do not want DIRECTV on my network.

HOW DO I REMOVE IT??

THANK YOU,

JAMES

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 1 of 17
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎12-30-2015 12:14 AM

Re: DISCONNECT WIRELESS WI-FI

To disconnect the Genie receiver from the Internet try the folling: press the Menu button on the remote control and then go to Settings & help > Settings > Internet Setup > Advanced and then Reset Network.

Do you have wireless Genie minis?

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 17
Employee

Why woldnt you wnat the benfits if ahving your Genie connected to the internet?  wihtout an internt connection you will loose access to Video on Demand  and the restart features, all included at no extra cost!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 17
Tutor

I don't know what a Genie minus is. I have a GenieHR44-700.

I did what you suggested and it is now disconnected.

THANK YOU

Message 4 of 17
Mentor

If your Genie connected by itself and there is no other connection point in your DIRECTV system, that suggests that you may have an open (unpassworded) Wi-Fi network. Might want to be careful there.

Message 5 of 17
Tutor

THANKS FOR THE HEADSUP

Message 6 of 17
Tutor

IT DISCONNECTED FOR A DAY, THEN RECONNECTED AGAIN.

I DISCONNECTED IT AGAIN FOLLOWING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS.

IS THERE SOME WAY TO GO TO "SETTINGS" AND CLICK ON SOMETHING THAT TELLS THE GENIE NOT TO CONNECT TO WI-FI?

THANK YOU,

JEYESE

Message 7 of 17
ACE - Expert

They don't connect by themselves someone has to enter the SSID and password.

Are you in an apt. or condo with a shared Dish?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 17
Contributor

Because in my instance, my Genie somehow managed to use up my 5 gig monthly allotment in a day and half.  We weren't doing anything that required an internet connection.

Message 9 of 17
Former Employee

It is never recommended to connect the receiver if you are on a data cap. The receiver does background downloads of data.

Message 10 of 17
Contributor

will my genie be compatible with the new Epson Home Cinema 5040UBe WirelessHD 3LCD Home Theater Projector with 4K?

Tags (1)
Message 11 of 17
ACE - Expert

None of the Genies can output 4K over HDMI so you will also need a C61K mini and only the internet will be wireless on the TV.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 17
Contributor

i want to buy the new Epson - Home Cinema 5040UBe 1080p Wireless 3D 3LCD Projector . shouldnt the video bridge relate and pick up the signal to the projector?

Message 13 of 17
ACE - Expert

No, wireless is only for internet connection, the WVB only connects to a C41W mini and it is not 4K, DTV is a long way from 4K wireless if ever.

Message 14 of 17
Employee

@ern2burn1 what ever wireless solution this projector has does not have anything to do with DIRECTV.  You will connect any source, be it a DIRECTV receiver or Blue Ray player via HDMI.  The Wireless Video Bridge creates a DIRECTV internal network only to be used with DIRECTV wireless clients, it has no other use for the customer.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support