DIRECTV Receiver Troubleshooting

Community Support

DIRECTV Receiver Troubleshooting

Having trouble with your DIRECTV Receivers? Check out some of our support articles below. If you have anything to share or tips for other members, feel free to write your own article or write in ours!!

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTDIRECTVCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
Community Support

Re: DIRECTV Receiver Troublshooting

If you are having trouble with your DIRECTV services, check out our help articles below. In some cases, you can quickly resolve most issues with the with the links below. If weather is keeping you down, do not forget about the DIRECTV Everywhere app!

Ordering DIRECTV service? Here is some information on things you need to know!

Getting 4K TV? Check out this article to learn what you will need!

Getting a new Television? Check out this article for some helpful tips when hooking it up!

Wireless Receiver Troubleshooting and Connection 

Mobile DVR Troubleshooting 

DIRECTV Error Codes and Troubleshooting. What Do They mean? 

Other Troubleshooting Steps Dish Alignment and Connections 

Be prepared for the winter months! Check out the link below to learn what you can to stay in service! 

If your service is down and troubleshooting does not work and you need immediate assistance, do not wait, please chat with us by clicking here.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTDIRECTVCare . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 14
Contributor

According to my channel lineup I am supposed to get the Fox Sport 1 chanel 219.

I have recordings from that channel, but  when I try to access channel 219 it gives me error code 721 and says I dont get the channel. What should I do?

Message 3 of 14
Employee

What is your zip code @RAHilde_41

Employee Contributor*
Message 4 of 14
Contributor

I have NFL Direct Sunday Ticket....but when I bring it up on my phone , it tries and charge me per game. Why is this happening?
Message 5 of 14
Community Support

Hi @RonnFl,

We are not sure at the moment. Is this the first time you have used the app? Are you able to log into DIRECTV.com and stream with the same credentials?

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 14
Contributor

I have used the Direct TV app from both my cell phone and iPad in the past…but this time when I tried to go to Sunday Ticket, it wanted to Charge me.

Be Blessed,

Ron [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 7 of 14
Community Support

Hi @RonnFl,

Are you currently able to view the app now? If not, we recommend changing your password. This may resolve the trouble you are having.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Employee Contributor*
Message 8 of 14
Contributor

I have had DIRECTV for 21 years.  I've had AT&T wireless for 17 years.  I just called directv because some of our HD channels get the 771 error.  They want to send out a tech for $49 or I sign up for the protection plan of $7 per month.  I pay for HD channels.  Some don't work and now I have to pay more.  Comcast here I come.  

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

I have the same problem.  There are 17 channels the I get the 771 error code and Direct told me the same thing, pay them to fix THEIR equipment! Not going to happen, I'm calling Dish!!

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

@Skipper70, good thing that Dish Network never has these sorts of problems Smiley Happy

Seriously, a simple service visit can fix this.  Most likely your dish is not optimally aligned.  It's free if you have DirecTV's Equipment Protection Plan.  Otherwise at most $50, regardless of what needs fixing.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 14
Contributor

Why should I have to pay anything to have YOUR equipment repaired? If the
sat dish is out of alignment, then the technician installed it incorrectly!
By the way, I was with Dish Network for 4 years and NEVER lost the signal in
a storm, nor did I ever have to have a service call, for ANY reason!!(I only
left them when they lost the contract with ABC.) Whenever I call Direct
with a problem (which I have had to do many times)I am thanked for being a
customer since 2009 but now you want me to pay for your equipment! Ain't
gonna happen! If you don't fix my problem, at your expense, I'm going back
to Dish or switching to cable! Your call DirecTV!!
Message 12 of 14
ACE - Expert

Well, it's not MY equipment Smiley Happy  

Please realize that we're customers like you, not DirecTV employees.  Dish doesn't provide free service visits either.  They charge $99 while DirecTV only charges $50, regardless of whatever needs fixing.  It's a fact that even properly installed dishes can loosen and coax connections can corrode over time.  If the $50 service fee is too much of a one-time burden, they provide a $7/mo Equipment Protection Plan that covers these things.  It's your choice.  Good luck with your decision. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 13 of 14
ACE - Master

By the way it is your equipment as you own everything but the receivers.

Message 14 of 14
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support