Explore & discover

Helpful Links

DIRECTV On Demand not working for download: error "Receiver not ready for downloads" Model HR54-700

Tutor

DIRECTV On Demand not working for download: error "Receiver not ready for downloads" Model HR54-700

We've had big problems with DIRECTV since it was installed May 19. We were persuaded to switch from AT&T U-Verse to lower our bill. We've spent hours, had techs out here, swapped out the Genie receiver, double re-booted, you name it. It's a long saga. We have the Choice plan + they gave us a promo for three months of HBO, Showtime, and Starz (maybe other premium channels). Finally, all the main channels and the currently airing programs on HBO etc, and recording programs are working but On Demand downloading has never worked. No matter what, we get the messages: "Receiver not ready. This receiver is not ready for downloads." AND "All downloading is currently paused." We've never gotten On Demand to work and are on our second Genie receiver.

I called support Wed. and the tech double rebooted the system again. I waited 24 hours like they said and On Demand still not working. I called today and this is what the tech (who sounded like she was in the Philippines; I didn't ask her) said after about 30 minutes going over the problem again: "This issue has been escalated to engineering. There is an outage in your area." I ranted at her in as nice a way I could and then she said, "There is a problem with the new model receivers that engineering is working on for your area." The model # we have is HR54-700.

Now supposedly this problem has been escalated to engineering, and supposedly it is a problem with other Direct TV customers in our neighborhood, and we will supposedly get updates via text and email on the progress of this problem being fixed.

Message 1 of 18
Contributor

Re: DIRECTV On Demand not working for download: error "Receiver not ready for downloads"

Waited a week to post to make sure it wasn't a fluke. 

After several calls and each time insisting on talking to Advanced Resolution Team in North America and explaining the 127f software, on 9/27 it was up loaded overnight.  All seems as it should, there are some occasional frame freeze up, but overall the feature I was missing Are now working.  all ON demand shows both pay and free are available.

of the 4 resolution tickets that were submitted NOT once did I get any email or other communication from engineering or resolution team, like they tell you at the end of the call.

Best of luck to all, its a game of attrition, hopefully you have the patience!

Message 16 of 18
Teacher

Re: DIRECTV On Demand not working for download: error "Receiver not ready for downloads"

Great ,glad it solved your problems too.
Message 17 of 18
Teacher

I’m the guy you gave 127f to that seemed to cure my problem with VOD.  Now three weeks later it stopped working and I’m getting a not connected to internet error. Not true.  Rebooted reset and reset modem/ router now I get VOD channels not available. I’ll try again tomorrow but if this keeps up I’m giving you back your genie 54. And switching to cable.  

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support