I have a DIRECTV 4K Ready TV and HR44.. When and why do I need HR54

Message 1 of 6
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎04-15-2016 2:05 PM

Re: DIRECTV 4K Ready TV and HR44 vs HR54

An HR54 Genie HD DVR is required to access live 4K programming that we now have available. Without the HR54 however you are still able to access 4K On Demand movies but no live TV.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

You have to have certain model TV. Today only a Samsung or Sony has the firmware to broadcast direct tv 4K.  They are adding other TVs shortly but forget trying if you don't have the correct TV and it does not matter if your tv is Ultra HD 4K- only Samsung or Sony will work right now

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

Any 4K TV that meets DTVs requirements can use the C61K mini and if the 4K TV is DTV ready(RVU) then it to will get 4K.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

my customer has a LG 84LM9600, directv just installed a C61K receiver and was told that would provide him 4K content. he does not see any 4K content.

Will the C61K work with this TV?  Live content?  or just on demand?

Thanks for your help

Bernard

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

The Genie will detmine if they will get the 4K channels(needs to be an HR54). The C61K needs to be connected to the MHL HDMI port and it needs to be compliant with the lastest HDCP version(sometimes the TV just needs its software updated).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support