Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Credit Collection

Contributor

Credit Collection

Hi!

A credit collection company called me about my bill for account number. They said that the bill is about the equipment that I did not return. However, this equipment was installed by the technician for my new bundled account. How do I reconcile this?

Note that I've been calling DirectTV and ATT for 8 months now. Been promised that I should not worry and everything is already taken cared of. They even refunded me for the charges incurred when they mistakenly kept charging for 2 accounts.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DonJuan
‎07-24-2019 1:51 PM

Re: Credit Collection

If you got a bundle, it should have been with your existing account, not creating a new one. Closing an account requires return of equipment as they are not supposed to transfer directly between accounts as they must go back to DirecTV first for refurbishing and clearing of old customer info.

So this sounds like you are experiencing a problem caused by account fraud by some sales agent getting a new customer commission when there wasn't a new customer.

You would need to call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 and when you get the voice system say "cancel" to get you to their retention/cancellation department. A situation like this requires making sure additional accounts are fully closed that shouldn't have been there, but because of the equipment somehow being transferred it further complicates the issue and will probably need a supervisor to fully review the situation.

Once DirecTV has corrected everything on their end, collection agency should have an update about no outstanding balance within 2 business days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support