Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Copying series manager settings from current Genie Box to new replacement Genie box

Highlighted
Contributor

Copying series manager settings from current Genie Box to new replacement Genie box

I am getting upgraded to a new Genie Box.  My current box is experiencing major latency issues. Is there a way to save the shows we have saved on the current series manager so that they can be copied to the new box?  If we cannot save them, then how do we manage this when many of  the shows are not active at the moment?  If we have to redo manually, are we able to do this online with a normal keyboard and then save to the DirectTV cloud where the settings can be downloaded to our new Genie box?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎02-06-2016 9:40 AM

Re: Copying series manager settings from current Genie Box to new replacement Genie box

Unfortunately you can't do any of those things when replacing a DVR.  What I've done is take photos of those Series Link screens and then recreate them on the new DVR.  Shows not currently airing will need to be added closer to their next air dates.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 6
Teacher

Re: Copying series manager settings from current Genie Box to new replacement Genie box

What a horrible system in todays age. Fios DVR change out, managed recordings, is down loaded from the Mother Ship. You would think DTV would have that info via your internet connection (or phone) stored under your account and you could refresh your new receiver like Fios.

I just ordered a new replacement receiver and will now go thru the drudgery of taking pictures and hunting programs on the guide.

Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Yep dtv dvr is a step back from anything I have ever had, certainly should be able to save and then recreate on new dvr

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Recordings are encrypted to the DVR they were recorded from. This is mandated by the agreement Driectv got from the networks, so that no info may be copied from one DVR to another. Even if settings like the series manager could be transferred, this would open up the possibility of someone finding a hack against the terms of service to copy recordings to unauthorized devices. So for protection it is all proprietary.

So no, there is no "mother ship" where settings of the box are saved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Tutor

That is really sad, as there is no way to manually add all your recordings if they are not currently in the guide, ie. out of season, so you have to hope you remember in time to set up the recording for the new season episodes as soon as they are available in the guide or you will miss some episodes at the beginning of the new season

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support