Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Constantly Getting "Your TV Does Not Support . . ." component cables Message

Teacher

Constantly Getting "Your TV Does Not Support . . ." component cables Message

I am constantly getting the following message on my TV: "Your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program." I do not have plugins on my receiver for component cables. This message started popping up about 3 months ago and has become much more frequent. I am thinking the receiver is faulty.

Spoiler

Message 1 of 119
Contributor

Re: Constantly Getting "Your TV Does Not Support . . ." Message

I have exactly the same problem and same amount of tvs and a new genie. Can’t get my 3700.00 Skyvue to work with new genie but a couple of minutes and it shuts down with that error message. DTV says call Skyvue and Skyvue says call DTV. Somebody needs to fix it

Message 106 of 119
Teacher

Again, see my post above...$40 solves the problem.  Think of it as an expensive cable.  😀

Message 107 of 119
Contributor

So did this work? I am currently having this issue. Just had direct tv send me a new receiver. Worked great for about 48 hours and BAM message code is back. I’m going out tomorrow for a new HDMI cord to try that. This is very frustrating to say the least. 

Message 108 of 119
Contributor

Did this work? I am currently dealing with this. Had direct tv send new receiver. Worked for about 48 hrs and BAM message back. It’s beyond frustrating. Going out tomorrow to get a new HDMI Cord. 

Message 109 of 119
Teacher

If you have the issue with your TV, my experience was that no cable will solve it...you need to ack the hdcp signal (see my previous post).
Message 110 of 119
Teacher

Here is what I used to solve the problem:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CT7THLO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_kV08CbJ049FJS

I was having the error constantly prior to plugging this in, and have not had the problem once since (well over a year).

Message 111 of 119
Tutor

I could never get it to work. I canceled directv
Message 112 of 119
Teacher

You said you could “never get it to work”...did you try the device I used above, and couldn’t get that to work, or were you just using a normal hdmi cable between the directv box and the tv?
Message 113 of 119
Tutor

No, I was not going to spend the money on another piece of technology when I didn’t know if it would solve the problem. I switched to Directv Now and had less problems, but occasionally I would get a similar error. I now have YouTube TV and have never received an error. 

Message 114 of 119
Teacher

Gotcha. Sounds like you don’t need a solution anymore, since you have ditched DirecTV, but for other people still struggling with this stupid error, I can tell you that these boxes do completely eliminate the problem, or at least they did for me with the current generation of directv box and software and my 3 Samsung TV’s...best $40 I’ve spent for a while. Of course if it doesn’t solve it for some other hardware combo, Amazon let’s you return stuff for 30 days, so no risk involved...
Message 115 of 119
Contributor

Hello!
Sorry, one more question...
Will this box work if my TV is Not 4K?
I believe it is just HD SMART TV
Message 116 of 119
Teacher

Yes, I think it SHOULD work with any TV, as it really only has to do with acking the hdcp on the DirecTV box side of the connection as far as I know, but personally I’ve only tried in with 4k sets, so I’m not positive...
Message 117 of 119
Contributor

The only thing that works for me is that everytime I get this message I just simply pull the HDMI cable out of the back of the receiver and put it back in. Message goes away

Message 118 of 119
ACE - Expert

This is a timing problem between your receiver and the TV. The Directv box sends an HDCP-related message to the TV and if the TV does not respond fast enough you get an HDCP failure.  That's why the device elmanno posts about solves this issue for most people.

Also make sure you have native mode "off" and see if that helps.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 119 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support