Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Constantly Getting "Your TV Does Not Support . . ." component cables Message

Teacher

Constantly Getting "Your TV Does Not Support . . ." component cables Message

I am constantly getting the following message on my TV: "Your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program." I do not have plugins on my receiver for component cables. This message started popping up about 3 months ago and has become much more frequent. I am thinking the receiver is faulty.

Spoiler

Message 1 of 119
Contributor

Re: Constantly Getting "Your TV Does Not Support . . ." Message

I have been having the same message for over a month and yesterday, it got worse,  now I get the message and no programming.  I can reboot the system and it will start working but as soon as I turn it off and back on, the problem returns.   I have moved the HDMI cable from one input to another,  I have replace the HDMI cable, I have turned off HDMI control....nothing has worked.   I have not tried the CLEARMY BOX command yet.  
I have also gone in to the settings and it appears that the receiver software was updated early in the morning the day the issue really got bad and I lost video.

Software:      0xb9c, Tues 1/23 3:53a 

The evening after that update,  I had service but the receiver was responding very, very slow to commands from the remote.  I turned it off and when I powered it up the next morning all I had on the screen was that message.  Not only do I now not have service,  I can't even play recorded material.  

Message 31 of 119
Contributor

I have 4 receivers and TV's.  The TV's are not smart enough to require software updates. All of the DTV receivers were working fine until the morning of 1/23/18. I started receiving the message on my HR24 receiver then. The other 3 receivers continue to work properly. I noticed there was a DIRECTV software update (0xb9c) pushed to 3 of the 4 receivers (including the one now displaying this message) early morning on 1/23/18. I believe the software update is causing the problem - nothing else has changed.

I can temporarily fix the problem by doing a receiver reset from the settings menu, but when I turn the receiver off, then on, the message reappears. I've also tried the CLEARMYBOX command, but that appears to be equivalent to the reset, and did not resolve the issue. Or, if the receiver is on and displaying the message, I can remove the message by unplugging the HDMI cable from the back of the receiver and then plug the cable back in. But those are not acceptable solutions, are they? I hesitate to call DIRECTV for a technical issue because I've found it very difficult to find a person who can offer a solution other than unplugging the unit and then plugging it back in.

Message 32 of 119
ACE - Expert

Something must have changed with the HDCP copy protection handshake via HDMI on the latest software update.  Not sure if DirecTV actually considers this a "bug", but they're aware of the issue.  Using Component Video connection is a workaround. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 33 of 119
Mentor

Component outputs are not available on my Genie mini. Only HDMI.
Message 34 of 119
Contributor

Try the CLEARMYBOX command. It works.
Message 35 of 119
Contributor

Same time frame as mine, and a 15 minute reboot just to watch TV is ANNOYING!!

Replaced HDMI with component cables,  still have the issue. 

Message 36 of 119
Contributor

Mine is running directly to the TV and I still have to select 4K every time and it works just that once.

Message 37 of 119
Contributor

This is not solved.  I have to check the 4K box in settings every time I watch 4K.  The Genie is directly connected to the latest 4K Vizio or Samsung monitor with HDR. The image is in 4K so that proves that the cable works.  

Message 38 of 119
Contributor

I believe it was a dvr not a genie upgrade. Started happening to both TV's. Another reason to drop direct TV.

Message 39 of 119
Contributor

I've had the issue on both TV's for a month, (2)tech's replaced wire to neighborhood control box, the cable box out side house. Worked for a week. Problem returned, another tech

came last week,we tried changing to new cables, to HDMI ports, replaced outside box connectors, was never told about CADI-HDMI issue or that a fix had been in the works. I will called again 

and ask they replace the cable box with new one. Thanks for sharing the issues I hadn't been aware of.

Message 40 of 119
ACE - Expert

@paschrh if it is not a C61 mini then you can get the composite 10 pin din cable from DTV or buy one online.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 41 of 119
Mentor

All are C61K-700s. No composite outputs on the receivers. Only HDMI.
Message 42 of 119
Contributor

Had this problem beginning 01/23/2018, the same day that my DVR received the update from Directv.  I called tech support and was told to switch to component cables. I knew that was what they were going to tell me so that call was a waste of time.  Switching to component cables did nothing for me. I still got the message everytime I turned on the TV.  I decided to search for a software update for my Sony Bravia TV and found a newer version than what was currently installed.   The latest version was a 7/13/2011 release so I didn't expect much but I successfully installed it via the USB port on the TV and no longer have the problem.   

Message 43 of 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were using HDMI connection and your Bravia TV had multiple HDMI ports, try one of the other HDMI port(s) onthe TV side.

Message 44 of 119
Contributor

I don't have the problem anymore. Updating the television system software took care of it.

Message 45 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support