Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Connecting screen and keeps flashing

Highlighted
Contributor

Connecting screen and keeps flashing

I have three receivers,  two of them work fine and no problem  one is a very small receiver with no dvr and the screen comes up with    DIRECTV,  and under it says connecting with a progress bar under it and the entire screen flashes on and off.

Please help   the other two receivers work fine.  only this one

Thomas

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-02-2018 6:52 PM

Re: Connecting screen and keeps flashing

First thing to try is resetting your main Genie DVR using the red button near the access card. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

Thank you. I had the same problem for a couple days. Resetting the main receiver worked. Woot! Woot!

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

You're welcome. Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Contributor

Resetting did not help. If anything it made it worse. It wont stay connected longer than 2 minutes. HELP.  I'm getting really frustrated. 

Message 5 of 9
Contributor

I am having the same issues.... My Genie Mini is flashing on my Vizio TV “connecting”.... I have reset the mini and the wireless bridge in our living room and it hasn’t solved anything... The main DVR is in my parents room.... We have a wireless genie in the main living room and it is connecting fine and my parents is working just fine, but my wife and my genie mini is not connecting....

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I've had this problem 3 times in the last 24 hours.  I just keep resetting it.  

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

Small box where U change to video , Etal keeps flashing and changing.  Found out if U unplug TV when not watching, this will solve the problem.Seems to be the EMERSON brand TV. Doesn't happen on any of the other TVs here.

Message 8 of 9

By any chance, does composite video go through to your tv?  There's some weirdness with the copyright protection on the receiver that wont allow hdmi signals to travel to older or not copyright supported tvs. I had one and it was a Vizio.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support