Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Connecting screen and keeps flashing

Highlighted
Contributor

Connecting screen and keeps flashing

I have three receivers,  two of them work fine and no problem  one is a very small receiver with no dvr and the screen comes up with    DIRECTV,  and under it says connecting with a progress bar under it and the entire screen flashes on and off.

Please help   the other two receivers work fine.  only this one

Thomas

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-02-2018 6:52 PM

Re: Connecting screen and keeps flashing

First thing to try is resetting your main Genie DVR using the red button near the access card. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Thank you. I had the same problem for a couple days. Resetting the main receiver worked. Woot! Woot!

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

You're welcome. Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Resetting did not help. If anything it made it worse. It wont stay connected longer than 2 minutes. HELP.  I'm getting really frustrated. 

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I am having the same issues.... My Genie Mini is flashing on my Vizio TV “connecting”.... I have reset the mini and the wireless bridge in our living room and it hasn’t solved anything... The main DVR is in my parents room.... We have a wireless genie in the main living room and it is connecting fine and my parents is working just fine, but my wife and my genie mini is not connecting....

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I've had this problem 3 times in the last 24 hours.  I just keep resetting it.  

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Small box where U change to video , Etal keeps flashing and changing.  Found out if U unplug TV when not watching, this will solve the problem.Seems to be the EMERSON brand TV. Doesn't happen on any of the other TVs here.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support