Helpful Links

Connect the DIRECTV App to your TV

Highlighted
Community Support

Connect the DIRECTV App to your TV

connect app.jpg

one.jpg

Your tablet or phone must be connected to the same WiFi network as your receiver and wireless router. Then, follow these steps:

• Open the DIRECTV app on your mobile device
  • Tap Browse for TV
  • From the main menu, select Receiver in the Receiver Control section. This will bring up a list of receivers that are connected to your home network and are eligible for control.
  • Tap the receiver you want to control. If one or more of your receivers are not listed, this means they are not currently recognized on the network.

two.jpg

chart 2.jpg

three.jpg

If the tablet and HDDVR do not have the same first three sets of numbers, your iPad and HDDVR are NOT on the same network.

Possible causes for this include:

A.If you have two routers in the home – the tablet is connected to one, the HD DVR to the other.

B.Your tablet is connected to a Wi-Fi network not in your home.

C. For added security, some brands of routers treat Wi-Fi as separate from an Ethernet cable connection within the same router. If your HD DVR is connected to the router by Ethernet cable, and the tablet to the router via Wi-Fi, they may not see each other. Check your router manual as you may need to configure your setup.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTCares . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 15
Community Support

Re: Connect the DIRECTV App to your TV

Need help connecting the DIRECTV app to your TV.  See the above article for all the details.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Need more help?

Visit our Help Center, for answers to your questions and to troubleshoot issues with our step-by-step guides. For more assistance, send a brief message to ATTCares . Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15

Does this mean I can view the Net on my TV with my Chromecast OR some way???

PLZ say yes and tell me where to go! "Community says it cant be done; Direct TV salesman said he has it and IT CAN BE DONE. tELL ME   TELL ME  VISION PROBLMES  (me)WITH VISION AND A WHEELCHAIR BOUND PERSON. tHROWING OR SEARCHING USING CELL, TABLET  AND PUTTING IT UP ON THE BIG SCREEN tv IS A LIFE SAVER. ATT PC, Direct TV.

THANK YOU   !!Woman Happy

Sazbones

Message 3 of 15
ACE - Master

why do i have to have internet to connect in home?

us rural people are usualy stuck with no internet service, therfor cannot use

please make a change to allow connectio to devices on the same network with no internet connection

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15
Employee

@mdram4x4 The app needs to check for authorizations on DIRECTV servers. This is the reason an internet connection is required.  Of oucrse, an inernet connection is required to stream as well.

Employee Contributor*
Message 5 of 15
ACE - Master

for out of home i would agree, but for in home?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 15
Employee

@mdram4x4 DIRECTV has some channels that do not have the rights to stream OOH, for these channels the app needs to find the receiver so that it knows you are in-home.  The receiver needs in turn an internet conncetion to authorize your services

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 15
ACE - Master

@peds48 if the device is on the same network as the receiver what is there to check?

the authorization could be static in the receiver to only stream within the same network, unless an internet connection can be found, then revert to the current method

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

Your instruction say "on the iPad" does this mean that the app does not work with an Andorid.  If you can use an Andorid tablet are the instructions the same>

Message 9 of 15
Contributor

Our installers said we would be able to use the app to stream onto our TV at our cabin, with an adapter and HDMI. The phone screens show up on the TV, but only the sound portion of the app. We are using ATT wireless network on device, so not the same network as pur home WiFi. Did the installerz give us incorrect information?
Message 10 of 15
ACE - Expert

@mdirks1120 You were definitely given the wrong info if you have an iPhone. The Directv app on iOS does not support that. I presume it does not work on other non-iOS devices either but don't know for sure.

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

I have the same question. Was this ever answered?
Message 12 of 15
Contributor

Our installers said we would be able to use the app to stream onto our TV at our cabin, with an adapter and HDMI. The phone screens show up on the TV, but only the sound portion of the app. We are using ATT wireless network on device, so not the same network as pur home WiFi. Did the sales staff give us incorrect information?
Message 13 of 15
ACE - Master

Rathmanl wrote:
Our installers said we would be able to use the app to stream onto our TV at our cabin, with an adapter and HDMI. The phone screens show up on the TV, but only the sound portion of the app. We are using ATT wireless network on device, so not the same network as pur home WiFi. Did the sales staff give us incorrect information?

the app is not designed for that.  it is meant to be watched on a mobile device, not act as a receiver.

some people say it works, some say it doesnt.

Message 14 of 15
Contributor

Have you received an answer to this . We are having the same problem
Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support