02-05-2014 10:22 PM
Hello, to start I have a HR23/700 In my living room and a HR22-100 in the bedroom. I had the whole home DVR system installed by Directv over a year ago. Everything had worked perfectly until just a week ago.
Now when a show is recorded on the HR23 and I play it on the HR22 the playback is extremely choppy. If I pause the recording it will play for about 5 seconds without any flaws but then it goes back to being choppy. I can watch the same show on the HR23 where it was recorded and the playback is flawless. It is also the same if the show is recorded on the HR22, the playback on the HR23 is choppy and the playback on the HR22 is fine.
Like I stated the receivers were set up by Directv and I have not had to touch them since. The receivers are networked thru the coaxial cables with "Directv connected home adapters". There is also one of the adapters that hooks to my net gear wireless router for a internet connection. I have reset both receivers and my wireless router and it hasn't helped.
Do the Directv home adapters fail or could it be my router?
02-06-2014 5:13 AM
First thing to try is resetting the DECA network....it must be done in this order. Before you begin, assure that DHCP is enabled on your router if your system is connected to the Internet. This is essential.
1. Disconnect AC power from each DVR and Receiver
2. Disconnect power from the DECA BB Adapter (black or white DECA BB box) or wireless adapter.
3. Disconnect power from the SWM dish Power Inserter (do you know where yours is located)?
4. Disconnect then reconnect AC power on your home network gateway/router and modem.
5. Wait a few minutes for the router to reset
6. Re-power the SWM Power Inserter.
7. Re-power the DECA Broadband Adapter or wireless adapter.
8. Re-power each DVR and Receiver
Following that, press and hold the info button on one DVR, then select more system info. Scroll down and check that Internet is listed as connected.
02-06-2014 11:29 AM
Yep, the SWM powers the LNB. It can located almost anywhere. but look behind your receivers. It a black box with a green LED on
Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!
Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!