Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can not connect to wireless internet

Tutor

Can not connect to wireless internet

I changed the wireless router in our home and ever since I cannot connect to on demand. All other devices including the smart tv can connect to the wireless yet the directv does not. We spoke to two Directv Customer service reps last night and they told us to call our internet service provider. The internet is working fine. Pass the buck much? Then they wanted to sell us a service package to have someone come out and fix their equipment! No way. This seems like it should be a simple fix. 

Message 1 of 14
ACE - Expert

Re: Can not connect to wireless internet

What DVR model do you have?

Have you tried repeating the DVR's Network Setup?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14
Tutor

The DVR model is HR44-500. I believe we tried the network reset with customer service on the phone. Thanks for any other help.

Message 3 of 14
ACE - Expert

It's more than just a "network reset".  You'll want to repeat the HR44's Network Setup so that it can see your new WiFi router. Or, better yet, perhaps you can connect the HR44's ethernet port directly to your home network router?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 14
Tutor

Thank you. How do we perform the network setup?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Network Setup can be done by following steps below :

1. Press MENU button

2. Select "Settings"

3. Select "Connect Now," press SELECT

4. Select "Set Up Wireless,"

5. Select the desired Wireless Network from the list, press SELECT on remote to continue

6. Enter password for wireless connection using on-screen keyboard.

7. Select "Continue," press SELECT

8. A confirmation screen should appear, select "Done" 

Message 6 of 14
Tutor

D8E06E66-A205-414F-8DA2-7E26DEB14D33.jpeg

After going to settings and then settings and help, this is the menu (pic attached). We haven’t seen set up wireless in any of the menus. 

Message 7 of 14
ACE - Expert

Select internet setup.

Message 8 of 14
Tutor

And then it asks to reset up the wireless. Are other devices connected? Yes. Then it can’t find it and suggests calling the internet provider. I thought this was a different network reset to find the new router. 

Message 9 of 14
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Cathysch
‎02-28-2018 10:32 AM

While in the internet setup select Advanced setup then reset network.

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 14
Highlighted
Tutor

Thank you Shannon02! I it fixed this morning. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
ACE - Expert

You are welcome.

Message 12 of 14
Contributor

After I completed all the steps a thousand times, and had a tech from AT&T come out. The tech said it was my router. So I called my internet provider, they preformed a check on the router, and said that the router was fine. I then contacted AT&T again. They requested that I perform all the set-up with them. It still will not connect! They were supposed to have someone call me with a tech from both companies,and send me an e-mail in 2 hours. Neither one happened. Still isn't hooked to my internet. SHOULD I PAY FOR THE SERVICES THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE. 

Message 13 of 14

When I try to connect my wireless to my Direct TV I get a message saying the name has changed. I've been using CenturyLink should I be using something else? 

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support