Can not connect to server?

Contributor

Can not connect to server?

Why does my second receiver say can not connect to server but my main genie receiver is working just fine?

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Can not connect to server?

First thing to try is resetting your ALL of  DVR/clients using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Mentor

Known issues Resetting Genie main HDDVR in the home will resolve if issue occurs more than often call 1800-531-5000 request tech support possible bad connector or spliter but is software issue most likelySmiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Not true, there is no such "known issue"

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Expert

I agree, there is no such software issue.  If the system is installed correctly a reset of the Genie, then resetting the Clients while the Genie is booting up will usually correct the "can't find server" issue.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support