Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can a Direct tv genie remote ever control netflix?

Highlighted
Contributor

Can a Direct tv genie remote ever control netflix?

I can use the genie to get to netflix as an app on my smart samsung, but once in it, the remote doesn't do anything, and I have to go back to the samsung remote. Is there any way to avoid using 2 remotes? The genie won't control my amazon prime either. I've tried repprogramming the remote to no avail. Perhaps something not mentioned by the Direct TV sales guy in the big box store? 

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Can a direvt tv genie remote ever control netflix?

DirecTV remotes cannot control your SmartTV features or its apps.  I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control everything. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

What kind of harminy remote? Do you need to purchase the home hub or is it some kind of universal remote?

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by BataviaBill
‎03-11-2018 3:43 PM

There are several Logitech Harmony remotes.  I have two different versions ... one for my main Media Room and one in the Family Room.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-15-Device-Touchscreen-Favorite-Channel-Rechargeable/dp/B077NW4J28/re...

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Elite-Remote-Control/dp/B014PDFP9S/ref=sr_1_3?s=audio-video-...

The hub version is nice if you want to control everything with Amazon Echo devices. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

Those are not DTV employees in a store they are third party company employees that send new orders to DTV and usually don't know anything about how DTV receivers work.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support