Can I download programs from Geniego to thumb drive to watch on a Blu-Ray player or other media player?

Contributor

Can I download programs from Geniego to thumb drive to watch on a Blu-Ray player or other media player?

Just curious because we have multiple players around the house and my husband has a Netgear NeoTV player at work and would like to watch recorded television.  Leaving the laptop on all night to download television isn't the best solution.

Message 1 of 4 (552 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
‎08-10-2014 8:37 PM

Re: Can I download programs from Geniego to thumb drive to watch on a Blu-Ray player or other media player?

Nope.  GenieGo only downloads to supported smart phones, tablets and PCs.

But note that the GenieGo "download" process involves two steps. The first step, "transcoding", does not require the PC to be on after you select the show(s) to download.   That step prepares the show inside the GenieGo's memory for future downloading to your PC, smart phone or tablet.   That process takes about as long as the show is, so a 1-hr show takes about 1-hr to transcode.   Only one show transcodes at a time.   Once the shows are transcoded, then they can be downloaded to your PC much faster.  On my home network, a 1-hr show only takes a few minutes to download.  And, for the actual download, your PC is on.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (48 Views)
Contributor

Re: Can I download programs from Geniego to thumb drive to watch on a Blu-Ray player or other media player?

I figured that, hopefully Directv will come about their senses one day and make it so...  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (48 Views)
Employee

Is not about "coming to their senses" but protecting copy righted material

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (48 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!