Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Camping world / Direct TV receiver

Camping world / Direct TV receiver

I bought a H24-700 direct tv receiver from camping world and direct will not activate it, or add it to my account. I was on the phone today for 4 hours trying to get it activated and they would not do it. I was told they do not activate 3rd party receivers. This H24 was in a direct TV box with all the direct tv information on it. The one thing I was told was if i paid $99 and bought a receiver from direct that would deliver the exact same receiver to me. If they are not going to activate the receivers from camping world why would they sell them?

Message 1 of 22
ACE - Expert

Re: Camping world / Direct TV receiver

What DVR/Receiver models do you already have?  If you have an HS17 Genie Server (tower), DirecTV will not activate anything else on your account. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 22

I have an H24-700 and a King dome

Message 3 of 22

OK at home I will check

Message 4 of 22
ACE - Expert

I meant on your home account.  What DVR/Receiver models to you currently have activated on your account?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 22

We have an HR44-700 here at the house

Message 6 of 22
ACE - Expert

OK. Then you should be able to activate that H24 HD Receiver on your account.  The only reason they shouldn't activate it is if it was already active on someone else's account.  Call back and try again .... 1 800 531 5000

Message 7 of 22

We paid $139.99 for the receiver at CW and they told us all we had to do was hook it up and call direct so they could add it to our account. We have 10 months left on our 2 year package from direct and they told us if we bought the receiver from them and agreed upon a 12 month extension to our contract they would get us the same model box in about 10 days, seemed ridiculous to me when I just bought the same receiver 

Message 8 of 22

I talked with them for over 4 hours today and they would not do it. Kept sending us to other departments 

Message 9 of 22

Thanks for trying to help!

Message 10 of 22
ACE - Expert

All new receivers to the account no matter where you got it starts or extents the contract for 2 years. DTV receivers are $99 and most third party companies have them for the same price.  

Message 11 of 22
ACE - Expert

The H24 will with a 24 month agreement from day activated.

Call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 and request to speak to their access card distribution team. They can verify the box and card are not attached to another account to get it activated.

The agent who said they do not activated boxes from 3rd party authorized retailers and that a box would come with only a 12 month agreement was flat out lying to get credit for an upgrade. Only if the box was attached to another customers account could they not activated it (or if you had the HS17 as that forbids other boxes on the account)

Message 12 of 22
ACE - Master

many third party retailers will can do the activation

cal camping world.  see if they can help

if they can, then return it and try someone else

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 13 of 22

I just called Direct again and they informed me that with the direct TV and AT&T merge they no longer can activate any third party receiver, I will take the unit back to camping word and try to get my money back.  

Message 14 of 22
ACE - Master

that will make alot of people mad

call solid signal, see what they say

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support