Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CAncelled shows in history.

Contributor

CAncelled shows in history.

I recently obtained DirecTV. I set up a series recording for Austin and Ally for my daughter. She then told me she didn't like the shows so I cancelled the series recording. However, every day I see 3 or 4 Austin and Ally episodes show up in history and they all say "cancelled by livingroom". Livingroom being the name of the receiver where the series recording was intially made and where it was cancelled.

How do I stop this behaviour? I have over 35 cancelled episodes and nothing is in the series manager. I've tried resetting my reciver but everyday the history list keeps growing.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: CAncelled shows in history.

Don't know why the history is still updating the shows that are canceled but so long as they are not recording it doesn't matter as the history list will drop off the oldest program to make room for the next one.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-17-2016 7:50 PM

Don't worry about the History List.  It's really only there for you to check when something that you want to record doesn't record.  The list will reach a certain size, then old entries will disappear.  Those "cancelleds" are normal since you cancelled them. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Sorry, but that's not good enough. These programs aren't in the to do list either. So if they aren't there "to do", then they should be there to get "cancelled" This seems like a flaw.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

@vicpinto wrote:

Sorry, but that's not good enough. These programs aren't in the to do list either. So if they aren't there "to do", then they should be there to get "cancelled" This seems like a flaw.

Huh?  They won't be in the "To Do List" if you've cancelled them.  And they show in the "History List" because you've cancelled.   What's not working properly?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

If you had a series link the DVR sets up multiple episodes to be recorded into the future. If you cancel the series link, the DVR cancels those episodes. So they show up in history.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support