Box stopped working

Highlighted
Contributor

Box stopped working

I lost electricity at my house,, when power came back on, my box light indicated that box was on but it wasn't, I tried turning box off,,with remote and manually on box and light would not go out. Nothing happens and have no direct tv on my secondary box.
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Professor

Re: Box stopped working

try unplugging it for 10 minutes

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

I did that,, then unplugged it for 24 hours,, still does it
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Professor

call customer service for a replacement then

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

How do you know the box is not on?

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Well,,, tv is on right input setting, and why would I not be able to shut box off?
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

Are you sure TV is on the correct input seeting/ Most TVs hava a default power on setting that may not be DirecTV.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support