Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Bought new smart Ho replace our old SD TV that currently has an old DT SD receiver. Do I need a tech

Contributor

Bought new smart Ho replace our old SD TV that currently has an old DT SD receiver. Do I need a tech

I'm wondering if I need to have a technician come to reinstall and reset the satellite or whatrver to the new smart tv or should I be able to do it myself. I don't know if I'll have all the stuff I need. Has anyone else done this?

Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Bought new smart Ho replace our old SD TV that currently has an old DT SD receiver. Do I need a

I meant to say in the title I bought a new HD led smart tv to reply old, old, old sd big box tv. 

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Bought new smart Ho replace our old SD TV that currently has an old DT SD receiver. Do I need a

Do you have any hd receivers already? That would determine whether or not your dish needs upgraded and that TV would need an HD receiver to get HD programming $10.00 monthly if you don't already have HD equipment,  $99.00 for the HD receiver upgrade and a 24 month  committment.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Since DTV is shutting down the SD MPEG2 channels in April you should be able to use DTV swap offer to replace the SD receiver with an HD receiver.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

@PaulaSue

What model of boxes do you have now? It sounds like you have an old SD only setup which will have to be replaced before April 2019 as the old MPEG-2 feeds are being shut down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support