Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Both C61K-700 Genie Mini Receivers are having audio dropouts

Mentor

Both C61K-700 Genie Mini Receivers are having audio dropouts

I still have 1080p TVs, but I was recently upgraded to HR54/200 Genie DVR with two C61K-700 4K Genie Mini's. The HR54/200 works great. I'm having issues with the two 4K Genie Mini's.

I have intermitted audio dropouts (2 second dropouts about every 15 minutes or so). This happens on live and recorded TV and if I rewind and play back, it plays back fine. DirecTV tecnhician swapped out one Genie Mini, DVR, and LNB. He also re-did all cable connections; outside the home and inside.

It was suggested here to try a new HDMI cable as using an Audioquest Chocolate cable solved this issue for two customers. I purchased a new Monster UltraHD Black Platinum 4K HDMI Cable https://www.monsterproducts.com/UltraHD_Black_Platinum_HDMI_with_Ethernet and used it to connect the C61K-700 Genie Mini directly to my Pioneer plasma TV. The audio dropouts still continue, so it is not the HDMI cable.

The problem must be either the C61K-700 Mini Genies or the HR54/200. Even though the HR54/200 is not having audio dropouts, it does feed the Mini Genies...

If you are expeiencing similar issues, please share here...

Message 1 of 381
Community Support

Re: Both C61K-700 Genie Mini Receivers are having audio dropouts

Hi @zgillman,

Sorry to read of your experience. Can you unplug one of the boxes and test with just one to see if the issue still presents itself? We would like to test a theory.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 381
ACE - Master

reports all over the net of drop outs

i suspect a software issue

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 381
Mentor

I unplugged the power from one of the Genie Minis and watches the other one. I still experienced audio dropouts.

I too hope this is a software issue that DirecTV can fix with an update.

Message 4 of 381
Teacher

I'm having the same problem only on the 4K mini.  I reboot the mini then change channels and the problem ceases for a period of time.  It's definitely a software problem.

Message 5 of 381
Tutor

I'm having the same problem. DirecTV please fix
Message 6 of 381
Tutor

SAME ISSUES SINCE I GOT THE C61K 21/2 MOUNTHS NOW.

Tried of waiting for a fix that is not coming.

Message 7 of 381
Mentor

Thanks for the feedback. I feel better that I'm not the only one and hope we all feel better soon with the software fix Smiley Happy

Also hope that once 4K takes off, the DVR will also be upgraded (hardware) to output 4K.

Message 8 of 381
Teacher

I am having the same problem with the c61 client. I am also experiencing an occasional video "stutter". Evidently this isn't being reported as widespread, but there have been reports. And no, it's not refresh rate or motion issue- TV(78ju7500), has been calibrated and works awesome with all other sources(Netflix, DVD, gaming, etc). Interested to hear from others experiencing the same. If you are experiencing the additional stutter issue, you HAVE to report it as it won't be escalated to "known issue" until there are enough reports- once it is a known issue, it becomes a priority to resolve, like to sound drop issue
Message 9 of 381
Teacher

Another here with the audio dropouts with the c61k. No other source to TV has any dropouts. Replaced c61k with a c41 mini from another room and all is fine. Only had time to do a Chat with DTV rep and they said no one has ever reported this. Yeah right. People on dbstalk have this issue also and have called it in. Hopefully they are looking into it.
Message 10 of 381
Teacher

The audio drop is a known issue and they are working on it, other known issue on c61 is screen going blank on occasion when trying to view a 4K channel- what isn't classified as a "known issue", is the the video stutter. That's why if anyone else is experiencing this stutter on the c61 client please call in and post here. A "known issue" is one that is being reported as widespread and has been escalated as a priority for a fix in engineering.
Message 11 of 381
Teacher

I too am having the studdering / audio dropout on my C61K-700.  I'm wondering how much in resolution I will lose if I replace with a C41W-100.  I'm almost out of patience waiting for a DIRECTV fix.  I get an email from them once a month telling me to be patient. 

Message 12 of 381
Teacher

I was also having a studdering issue, but it improved some with a move on our vizio p65-c1. I'm not the pro, but switching to a c41 and you would only lose 4k? Our C41 is still HD and it looks great.
Message 13 of 381
Teacher

What do you mean "a move on your Vizio"?
Message 14 of 381
Teacher

Sorry, by "a move on the vizio" just refering to a settings change I made.  I turned on GLL.

Message 15 of 381
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support