Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4k tv and at&t internet known issue

Contributor

4k tv and at&t internet known issue

My 4K tv won't connect to direct tv server. I have at&t internet. What's the solution to make my 4K tv, which is connected to a satellite genie, connect and get a picture? Two technicians have told me there is a known connection issue in homes that have AT&T internet and a 4k TV trying to connect to Direct TV. 

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Professor

Re: 4k tv and at&t internet known issue

The server it's trying to connect to has nothing to do with your internet server, the server is the genie itself,  have you tried resetting the genie?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: 4k tv and at&t internet known issue

Those technicians are wrong.

What Genie DVR model do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Genie DVR using the red button near the access card?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 13
Contributor

Re: 4k tv and at

Yes, I've pushed the reset button and I've tried unplugging and re-plugging
the power cable. Neither works to restore the connection. A tech came out
and fixed the connection, but I can't get On-demand movies and tv channels
on my 4k set - had to choose one or the other. I chose tv. Stinks that I am
paying for full service but can't get full functionality because AT&T can't
make their internet work with 4k TVs on Direct TV.
Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

ATT internet works fine with 4K TVs, you were being fed BS...

What exactly is your setup?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 13
ACE - Professor

What's the exact message you're getting that causes you to have to "choose"

Message 6 of 13
Contributor

I am having the same issue only with my 4k clients.  Right after the new firmware update it will no longer connect to the server.  I connected a non 4k client to same coax and it connects without an issue.  I have reset and refreshed the server and clients as we.  Please help?

Message 7 of 13
Teacher

This is a well know issue with the 4k minis right now.  Search my posts.

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-DVR-Receivers/Can-t-use-4K-and-have-DVR-connected-to-internet-at-t...

https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-DVR-Receivers/WORLD-WIDE-OUTAGE-OF-4K-TV/m-p/5337154#M228070

There is still no fix, I have had the issue since early November.

Your options are to disconnect the Main DVR from the internet and reset the 4k minis.  They will then work but you will have no ON Demand/ remote DVR capabilities.

The other option is to reset your internet router every time the 4k minis lose signal, they will come back on temporarily.

Make sure they document your issue, and how long it has been going on. I had my December Bill credited the last time I called in.

Message 8 of 13
Contributor

I recently upgrades to the new 4K receiver- I purchased a Sony Bravia 800 series - I’ve had service techs her 3 times in two weeks have spoken to direct customer support twice - had it working 24 hours. Today I pulled up the 4K channels and I get the message my TV does not support 4K- so I checked my tv settings and all was set properly- went back pulled up 4 k channels and same issue - so to make sure it’s not my tv I pulled up Netflix and 4K Planet earth and Wow amazing just like the showroom.   So the issue is with DirectTV software- i suggest just using streaming until ATT Direct get there software issue resolved/ good luck 4 k is great

Message 9 of 13
Contributor

Thanks!
Message 10 of 13
Tutor

This is definitely a known issue. DirectTV still does not have a solution for it.

Message 11 of 13
Contributor

Yep same issue with my Sony 4K- every time I try the two direct tv channels I get the same message that my tv does not support 4k- it’s not the television it’s a Direct TV issue- seriously considering dropping Direct all together

and just streaming 🤔.    Have no issues with Netflix or Prime. 

Message 12 of 13
Tutor

I am also considering dropping Direct TV, as they have not been transparent about this issue, and have been incompetent on effectively resolving it.

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support