Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you impacted by the government shutdown? We’re here to help.  Learn more 

4K shut down

Highlighted

4K shut down

My 4K genie completely shut down tonight with the message "no srevers detected". After spending 20 plus minutes on the phone with tech support I was told they are having issues with the software loading and the main receiver kickng out the 4K units. Then they said it would take 7 days to correct this , if they can. I have had nothing but issues with Directv since AT&T has taken over. I guess after being a loyal customer for 20 years and over paying for sub-par service and equipment, maybe it's time to switch providers. 

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: 4K shut down

What model Genie DVR do you have?

Have you tried resetting it using the red button near the access card?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8

The main receiver is an HR54-700 and the Genie Mini is a C61K-700. I have
unplugged and pressed the reset button on both. I have 2 other regular
Genie Minis and they work fine, it is the 4K that will not connect to a
server.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

What happens if you swap the "bad" 4K Mini with one of the good Minis?  

Does the problem stay with the "bad" 4K Mini?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8

I replaced the 4K with a regular mini feo.another room and it works fine.
Directv is sending me a 4K replacement . The person I talked to this time
said it should fix the problem, he thinks the one I have went bad.
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

@falconsfan wrote:
I replaced the 4K with a regular mini feo.another room and it works fine.
Directv is sending me a 4K replacement . The person I talked to this time
said it should fix the problem, he thinks the one I have went bad.

Agreed.  Keep us posted when you get the replacement.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

I'm a new contract signer of only 3 months and already regretting my decision. I'm having same issue with "trying to connect to server" and have been since Oct.1 when it was installed. After many tech support calls and a visit from technician, today I was told that it was a system wide issue with this type receiver and the software and that engineering dept has been notified. You said 7 days to resolve, I wonder how long they have known this because today is 1st time I've heard about being known. The tech's I talked to seemed as puzzled as I was. The tech that came out seemed pretty knowledgeable about things told me to disconnect WiFi and bring in LAN. He said that that should solve my problem. It didn't and I called tech support and was talked down to and basically told to grin and bare it. It was bad enough I got her employee #. I ask for maybe a replacement of another type receiver and was told no that I had HR54-100 and that was what I will have till (or if) I upgrade. This is unacceptable to me and I have 21 more months to look forward to.

Message 7 of 8

I got my replacement 4K Mini. I hooked it up and within 30 seconds it said
cannot connect to server. So I called tech support again for the 4th time
in 3 days, they wanted to send me another one and I told them them it would
not not make a difference. Then he said he needed the serial number from
the new one , it may not be activated. I ended up hanging up and I will
call back in the monrnig to have them send me a regular Genie Mini isntead.
I truly think that AT&T has a major communication issue. The last 4 people
I have spoke with have no idea what I am talking about when I told them
there was a problem with 4K , they say it is faulty equipment.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Workarounds for resolving common errors. View DIRECTV Error Code Help!
Additional Support