Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4K Equipment

Highlighted
Mentor

4K Equipment

I currently have a HR24-500 in the media room. It connects to my new 4k TV and I use the component connections on it to connect to a hearing device because I am hearing impaired. The HDMI output connects to the TV. I also have an HR54-200 connected to our TV in the living room and it has 2 clients in the kitchen and an office. I want to upgrade the HR24-500 to a 4K receiver and am told the device needs to be the C61K but it only has an HDMI output which is fine for the TV but not for my hearing device. I am told that I cannot add another HR54-200, which has the needed component outputs, because only one is allowed on any account. I cannot move the current HR54-200 device so is there anyway to upgrade my media room receiver to a 4K receiver?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: 4K Equipment

There is getting an RVU 4K TV with analog RCA outputs for the hearing device or you have to get a powered HDMI splitter and an HDMI to composite converter.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Mentor

I just bought the 4k LG TV so buying a different one is not an option.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Sport9898
‎09-16-2018 8:03 AM

You could get an active (powered) HDMI splitter, along with an HDMI-to-analog audio converter.  Connect one output of the splitter directly to your TV's HDMI Input, and feed your hearing aid equipment with the converter connected to the splitter's second HDMI output.  For example ....

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15258

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10251

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Check the TV to see if it has analog RCA outputs you can use.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 5 of 6
Mentor

Sorry, no joy here and no RCA outputs either.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support