Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why has the DIRECTV service gotten worse since the merge with AT&T?

Contributor

Why has the DIRECTV service gotten worse since the merge with AT&T?

I'm really upset with the change in our Directv service since AT&T has been involved. We constantly lose connection with the internet, having to reset all equipment, several times a day. Not to mention our bill has increased! I'm considering changing services after our contract runs out. This is ridiculous! I loved Directv before AT&T was involved. My internet works fine with all my other devices in the house. So I know it's my Directv service at fault. BOO!

Message 1 of 18
Tutor

Re: Why has the DIRECTV service gotten worse since the merge with AT&T?

Totally agree. I have been a customer for over 13 years and not only has my picture constantly pixelated, the customer service and technical people are horrible. I can’t stand the scripts, lack of any basic knowledge of anything technical. After dealing with bad picture for months they admitted it was a global problem and elevated me to escalation dept. they told me they would contact me when issue resolved. I end up getting an email later that all was fixed while I was watching the tv pixelate in front of me.

HORRIBLE

Message 16 of 18
Teacher

I get the same thing. Distortion in the picture is constant. There is nothing wrong with my tv, it is strictly Directv. My sister's tv does the same and she is several counties away. I like Hulu, think I'll go with it instead. Just my preference and not intended to get anyone upset about Directv.

Message 17 of 18
Contributor

ATT reps are telling customers,  at least here in AL that since acquiring DirecTV, they have made changes to improve service.  I had Directv before ATT bought it and the service was awful. A sales rep in the McFarland Blvd. store in Tuscaloosa assured me that those issues had been corrected since ATT bought Directv.  That is a total lie.  The service now is far worse than it was before.  The rep.was trying to get me to get a promotion which would include an extra FREE iPhone 8 which I never got! This fraudulent practice is being reported to the PSC. Directv is pathetic! Sometimes just changing the channel will shut down the tv. I will find a way with the help of legal counsel to get out of this scam ASAP!  Be careful.. if you go to Directv, you will regret it..

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support