Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Sharp Aquos TV and Direct TV, Cannot access Netflix or any other Apps

Highlighted
Contributor

Sharp Aquos TV and Direct TV, Cannot access Netflix or any other Apps

When I hit "Apps" on my Aquos remote, I get the list of apps at the bottom of my screen, but when I choose Netflix I get "We're unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp". I'm wondering if this in an issue with Direct TV blocking my smart tv's ability to log on? I've tried to disconnect from Netflix via an up up down type code, which let me disconnect, but when I reopened Netflix, it was supposed to prompt me to sign in again, which it did not. I just got the "we're unable to connect" message again. 

HELP! <3

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by crabensburg
‎12-08-2016 3:50 PM

Re: Sharp Aquos TV and Direct TV, Cannot access Netflix or any other Apps

No, this has nothing to do with your DirecTV equipment.  Check your TV's manual.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (4)
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

Directv is not blocking anything. Your smart tv's connection to the internet is totally independent of Directv. Is your tv connected to the Internet? Do other apps work? 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

You need to change the input to TV to use the TV apps and the TV needs to be connected to the internet.  DTV has nothing to do with netflix or any other streaming services as they are competitors.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same exact problem on my Vizio Smart TV. It wasn't an issue before installing DirecTV and I do not have the problem in another room with the ssme model television that is connected via a wireless Genie mini.  The DirecTV installer placed the Genie & the wireless bridge in my entertainment center under the television. Is it possible that equipment is interfering with the signal on this particular TV?  Again no problem on another TV with the same Netflix app & no issues w/ same Wifi on other devices in tthe house. 

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

@mijo1914, that's unlikely.  How is your TV connected to your home network for internet access?

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

Everything is connected via WiFi.  I've got a cable modem w/an integrated router.  I can't (easily) connect the TV w/ Cat5 b/c the router is on a different floor of the house.  The DirecTV equipment is using the coax jack in the room in question to connect to the dish which makes moving the router into the room not an option.  Also, I can tell when I've got a connectivity issue but I'm referring only to a specific issue on a single TV.  It's possible that the television itself is malfunctioning but there wasn't a problem until the wireless Genie went in so the timing is suspect. 

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

You can rule out the DirecTV equipment by temporarily unplugging the Wireless Video Bridge AC power.  Does your TV connect to your WiFi then?

Remember that your DirecTV Wireless Video Bridge creates its own wireless network, so it should not be interfering with your home's WiFi network. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support