Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Refresh

Highlighted
Contributor

Refresh

I received a message on my tv to go directv.com/com to refresh my system. I can't find where to do this

thanks for helping, Phil

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by missjewel
‎02-05-2017 7:26 AM

Re: Refresh

In your PC's web browser ...

www.directv.com/refresh

This will force DirecTV's system to send the correct subscription authorization information to your DVR/Receiver. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 15
Contributor

This does Not help me !! I have no computer to hook up to my recover!! What do I do now ?? No computer !!!
Message 3 of 15
ACE - Expert

1. The website is www.directv.com/refresh and not www.directv.com/com . Basically you are logging into your account to request the service authorizations be resent. Can be found under the My Equipment section once logged in as well.

2. Your receiver (what I think you meant by "recover") does not need to be connected to internet itself. The service authorizations are sent from the satellite, not internet. The website is just for submitting the request yourself.

3. If you have no computer (so obviously no internet at all), then Contact DIRECTV and you can have them do it for you. The website refresh was just a quicker option for your convenience.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 15
Contributor

I watch the gold channel #218 every weekend. Today I can't get it. Can you fix it. My bill is current.

Message 5 of 15
ACE - Expert

@Deaconone

This is a customer to customer forum.

If you are just having trouble with one channel, the issue would have nothing to do with if your bill is current or not. More info would be needed. Best to start your own thread with the specifics of the issue.

What happens when you go to the channel?

What model box do you have?

What troubleshooting have you already tried? (reset of box, resending service authorizations, etc.)

Message 6 of 15
Contributor

I have no red reset button on my TV. Not on either side or in front or in the back. I unplugged the TV and waited 15 + seconds and plugged it back in. It went through all the reinstalling stuff and ended up with the same error about how to order this channel by calling customer service. No customer service fone number was given. Please tell me what the fone number is.
Message 7 of 15
Contributor

So, what is the customer service fone number???
Message 8 of 15
ACE - Expert

@Deaconone, 1 800 531 5000

Message 9 of 15
ACE - Expert

Customer care phone is 1-800-531-5000.

Red reset button is on the Directv box (not your TV set), either behind the door for the access card or on the side of the box depending on the model. 

Message 10 of 15
Teacher

I did what was recommended and nothing happened with refreshing my equipment.

Message 11 of 15
ACE - Expert

@arkymom1

Recommended for what? Best to start your own thread with details specific to your situation (including model of boxes).

Message 12 of 15
ACE - Expert

Do a "refresh" (www.directv.com/refresh ) often appears to do nothing.  It simply updates your subscription authorizations in your DVR/Receiver. 

Message 13 of 15
Teacher

I was talking about doing the directv refresh as recommended by directv. I got it brought up and really all it does is reset the receiver, which is easy enough to do by oneself. Nothing more to add.

Message 14 of 15
ACE - Expert

@arkymom1,

As I mentioned before, "refresh" and "reset" are different things.  "Refresh" simply updates your DVR/Receiver's subscription authorization information based on your channel package or changes to your channel package.  That can be done via your DirecTV account at www.directv.com/refresh.

A reset will reboot the DVR/Receiver.  That's usually most useful if something is hung up or acting goofy. 

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support