Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Please add World Fishing Network to DirecTV lineup - its on Uverse

Contributor

Please add World Fishing Network to DirecTV lineup - its on Uverse

Please add the option to order World Fishing Netowrk on DirecTV.  If you need to remove one to add one, find a low viewer channel and switch them out.  WFN is a great channel and has a large following.  Please consider adding the World Fishing Netowrk to yoru lineup and I may stay past my required time in December of 2016, fastly approaching.......

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Please add World Fishing Network to DirecTV lineup - its on Uverse

DTV buys packages of channels from the content providers to get that channel they may lose channels or get channels they don't want.  You need to post on their facebook/twitter page as we are customers like you and can't do anything about this.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

that's unfortunate... I've been with directv for a LONG time and I will be looking elsewhere. It's crazy that dish network can get it and directv cannot.

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

Well not every provider has the exact same channels. Sometimes they work out different agreements. So it is not crazy at all. If World Fishing Network is a must have channel they you will need to go elsewhere. Directv does have the Sportsman Channel in Xtra and above and the Outdoor Channel in the Sports Pack. Also the Outdoor Channel is rare in that it has an al-a-carte option for currently $3.50 monthly, though according to the 2018 new pricing it will go up $1.49. Channels keep costing more to the TV providers unfortunately which rolls to us.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8

I agree.  We need more fly fishing shows.

Message 5 of 8

With all the less popular programs you have in the packages, you would think that you would want a very popular network like WFN in your packages. 

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

There has been no indication of World Fishing Network being added since this thread from a year ago. However, DirecTV is preparing to turn off their old MPEG-2 (SD only) feeds in April 2019. Such a big change might affect the programming options throughout the next year, but the only guaranteed info so far is MPEG-2 equipment will be unusable. We will have to see what this does for the channels themselves.

Message 7 of 8

I'll have to take your word about it. You're talking way over my head.  Lol   Thanks for the reply.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support