Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Playback stops and jumps to live

Contributor

Playback stops and jumps to live

We can't utilize the playback feature because 5-10 minutes into the playback, it will stop and skip to live TV. Please tell me how to fix this, it is very frustrating.
Message 1 of 5
Contributor

Re: Playback stops and jumps to live

I am having the exact same issue. Playback a movie and after a few minutes a message (Please wait while video buffers) appears. Show sometimes plays fine, but 9 times out of 10 it flips back to live TV.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

I have the same issue.  My network is FIOS Gigabit and the receiver is hard-wired so I know it isn't a bandwidth issue.  I think this is a software issue, but since I didn't write the code I can only guess.  It is very frustrating and repeated calls to DirecTV support has not resolved the issue.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I agree with Alan49-- The playback is really BAD and it does not seem that Direct TV or AT&T can fix. I, too, have placed several calls and they do not seem to have an answer. I am puzzled what to do. 

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

I had same problem but after you push the replay pause the movie and wait till the orange buffer bar gets about half way then you can watch your movie. What happens is the replay goes faster then the buffer so it catches up in about 5 minutes.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support