Explore & discover

Helpful Links

MasTec lack of response to internal DirecTv call center

Contributor

MasTec lack of response to internal DirecTv call center

My service call scheduled between 12 noon and 4 pm on Saturday, April 9 was determined to be cancelled unintentionally by someone in a DirecTv call center.  Normally, I would brush this off as no big deal-things happen and reschedule.  However, I was attempting to get the 4K channel to watch the special coverage of the Masters golf tournament for the final day of play (Sunday, April 10th) so I needed a service call to upgrade to the HR54 receiver.  At 1:30pm on Saturday, I happened to check the DirecTv website and saw that my appointment was cancelled.  I immediately called in and was told that someone cancelled the service call.  After talking with DirecTv technical department’s Damon, Rachael (supervisor from central PA), and Kim (manager), it was determined that someone within a DirecTv call center accidentally cancelled my service order.   After this was determined, the lack of response from MasTec residential services is where my frustration lies.  Working with MasTec for over 10 years, I would assume DirecTv still has authority to get MasTec service trucks rerouted for special circumstances such as an internal DirecTv error.  Obviously, this is not the case.  My service call is set for Tuesday, April 12 between 12 noon and 4 pm.  Yes, this is two days after the Masters golf tournament is completed.  Let me say that Kim and Rachael in particular did all they could but told me that they do not have the authority to order the local MasTec field office to reroute their service team due to an internal DirecTv error.  The local MasTec field office told them that the earliest appointment would be Tuesday.  Rachael and Kim were both very apologetic and understood my frustration and even offered some compensation.   I told them that the compensation is nice but still doesn't get my 4K viewing experience for this year’s Masters.  I am very disappointed with the local MasTec field office and lack of response to help rectify an internal error of their business partner the same day or worse case the following day-not four days later when it works for them.

Message 1 of 7
Community Support

Re: MasTec lack of response to internal DirecTv call center

HI @teami2001,

We replied to your private message. Still here if you need us. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Mastec and DirecTV are huge liars when it comes to 4K install.  My local installer, CP tech, claims that they have never received 4K parts from Mastec or DirecTV.  Hence no 4K installs are possible.  Yet DirecTV advertises.  My next step is contacting my state attorney general.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

There are no 4K parts except for the RBLNB that is not needed at this time, all you need is an HR54 Genie for the 4K channels, a DTV ready(RVU) 4K TV or C61K mini for non DTV ready TVs.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I work for a water company in Savannah, GA and have a lot of customers who have had their water lines damaged by MasTech and when they call they get the run around then they will hear nothing with no repairs done.  I am writing here to see if there is any other contact information I can give my customers to help them get the repairs done in a timely manner.  They are representing your company and you should be concerned that they have upset a lot of people in this area.

Message 5 of 7
Tutor

Lol legal rights to 4K  tv must have missed that in the constitution 

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Dave9753 wrote:

Lol legal rights to 4K  tv must have missed that in the constitution 

Well, that was posted over two years ago.  Much has changed since then Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support