Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I hate Directv..!!! how can I leave without paying an arm & a leg...? this is crazy!

Contributor

I hate Directv..!!! how can I leave without paying an arm & a leg...? this is crazy!

I am at my wits end withDIRECTV...!!!! I was a loyal customer to DISH for over 20 yrs but because of where I live, satalites always go out when you need them the most (tornado weather & storms) so I finally made the switch to AT&T Uverse and I loved it but they kept on raising my rates. So I went in to re-assess my billing and see if I could cut it down some. Appearantly this was shortly after AT&T aquired DIRECTV. They were running a promoting and even without the promoting it was going to be a littler cheaper than the Uverse. I kept on telling them I really didn't want to go back to satalite because of the weather and loosing service when I needed it the most but they convinced me that DIRECTV was much better now and that surely wouldn't happen.....blah blah, blah!! Well this all took place in Feburary of this year, I called AT&T in April and told them how unsatified I was with DIRECTV, I hate that it still goes out with the first rain drops, and I just generally hate it all together! I thought maybe it was because I just wasn't use to their setup etc. but as every day passes I hated it even more. I have 4 setups in my house and the other day I decided to change my house around and wanted to move one tv to another room and I was under the impression I could move these around to any where in my house...well you guessed it, NOT!!! I call them and now they want another $50 to come out and move this little black box 6 ft across the hall...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!! I said forget it and deactivate that one, that will bring my bill down some.

You know I have had AT&T for over 20 yrs now and this is the first time that I have been so dissapointed in their services. I never hated a service so bad as I hate DIRECTV and now I am stuck for 2 yrs with this!!!

Thank you for letting me vent and if anyone had a good suggestion on how to get rid of DIRECTV without having to pay out the nose please let me know, I would even pay a little extra to go back to Uverse then to stay with this crap!!!!

Message 1 of 18
ACE - Expert

Re: I hate Directv..!!! how can I leave without paying an arm & a leg...? this is crazy!

Equipment protection plan $7.99 is optional. Once added you have to keep it for a year otherwise $10 early removal fee. The 2 years is for a guaranteed free upgrade, including install/delivery.

Without the protection plan delivery is $19.95, service calls $49.95, or just remote replacements $15. It is possible to get a free upgrade on equipment without the protection plan, but no gaurantee on when, and you at the very least will be charged either delivery or install depending on the special

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 18
Contributor

Re: I hate Directv..!!! how can I leave without paying an arm & a leg...? this is crazy!

I assume that you have the wireless video bridge (WVB) and a mini-genie (C41W) in the other room. Call up tech support at Directv and they will walk you thru troubleshooting the equipment. Before you call disconnect ALL of your cables and reconnect them, ensuring that the coax is properly tightened (sometimes a bad connection can result from corrosion or a loose connector). I also assume that all of your coax has been supplied by Directv - DON'T use coax that you have bought from Home Depot (substandard coax can cause big problems)!  It really isn't that hard to go thru the troubleshooting process if a tech is telling you what to do. I had to call them myself and I am an electrical engineer! We got the problems fixed in about 10-15 min on the phone.

Message 17 of 18
Contributor

I am dissatisfied with Direct TV. I was used to courtesy of customer service from Uverse. Direct TV freezes and the remote tasks seconds to respond. To have some one come out it was $90. I am counting the days to cancel!!! 

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support