Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Contributor

My streaming 4k does not look like a 4k picture. Do I need special equipment from direct tv?
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: 4k

You need an HR54 to get the 3 4K TV channels and a C61K mini or a RVU TV to watch them in 4K that meets DTV specs of HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 and has a 60HZ refresh rate.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: 4k

4K Requirements:

HR54 Genie on non 4K tv

C61 Mini Genie Client (wired only at this time) on 4K tv

4K tv must support HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and 60fps (frames per second)

Directv Installation, 4K tv must be there

Package Select or above as of 12/15/2016 (used to be only Ultimate or Premier)

At this time there are only three 4K channels. 1 regular, 1 select sporting events, 1 PPV.

Even if you have multiple C61 clients, only one tv can be using a 4K channel at a time.

A Directv ready tv, otherwise known as RVU, can be used instead of a C61 (still wired and requires deca install), but is not reccomended as dependant on tv manufactuer for updates and they will not replace your tv if it no longer is compatible to be used as RVU.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support