Explore & discover

Helpful Links

4K signals

Contributor

4K signals

I scheduled Directv to come and install the 54 series of Genie for our use with 4K stations and signals.  We've had our Directv system since 2007 and are generally happy with it.  Our satellite dish was positioned by Directv back in 2007.  We learned today from the technician that our dish is too far from the house to receive a quality 4K signal to the televisions.  The tech said he could boost the signal of a 44 series Genie but it would come without 4K signals.  Our dish is approximately 100 feet from the house, as positioned by the original Directv installer.  Can I be placed on a list to be contacted when Directv comes up with a way to boost signals for the 54 series of Genie or finda another way to get a 4K signal into our home?

We very much would like to get the technology when it becomes available.

Thanks,

Jack DeLong

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: 4K signals

something sounds fishy

ask for another tech to come out

100' should be fine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: 4K signals

Right you get HD you will get 4K.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support