Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPad app New update

Highlighted
Tutor

iPad app New update

Says the new update supports older versions of IOS still, but why is it still trying to make it update when it already has been updated. I missed live air sports programming today which is majority of the reason I have service with direct tv. I am not always home to watch live. I use my older iPad which is good as new still. I have no current reason to buy a new device. This issue needs resolved. 

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Employee (Employee)
Accepted by Cstarman922
‎03-06-2019 3:42 PM

Re: iPad app New update

You need to have iOS 10 or later to use the latest DirecTV App. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 17
Tutor

Why does it say compatibility: requires iOS 10 or later? Later means to me that it is still compatible with later iOS versions. Right. 

Message 3 of 17
ACE - Expert

@ManeYNWA wrote:

Why does it say compatibility: requires iOS 10 or later? Later means to me that it is still compatible with later iOS versions. Right. 

Ummm ....

"later" means "newer", not older.  

The app is compatible with iOS10, iOS11 and iOS12

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17
Tutor

Wouldn't that be written "latest" instead of later?

Message 5 of 17
ACE - Expert

This is a silly discussion.  It's quite common to say "version XXX or later" to mean releases that include XXX and those came AFTER XXX, not BEFORE.  

Regardless, the new App release only works with iOS10, 11 and 12.  

Message 6 of 17
Tutor

Dear Dog911,
the new DirectTV app knows that I am running IOS 9.3.5 which is the latest for my IPad 3. It also offers to link to an older version of the DirectTV app which does not pull the correct (older) version down. It just downloads the same new version which requires IOS 10 or greater. (Lather, Rinse, repeat)

BTW, none of the other IPad apps I use have locked me out.

You sound arrogant/ignorant repeatedly telling users to upgrade their devices to a non-existent IOS version for their older devices.

Message 7 of 17
Employee

@Sondew, this post is about the directv app, not other apps that may still support iOS9. @litzdog911 is correct in his answer, The new version of the directv app only supports iOS10 and above. If an apple device is not capable of downloading the supported iOS (10 or above) it will no longer support the directv app. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 17
Tutor

Vimage.jpeg

Dear Starman, 

I am stupid.  ... "Download an older version of this app?"  Yes, I would, ahh! Pressing "Download" DANG! No selection for a version of app "but you can download the last compatible version". It downloads a version that does not let you run it because it needs to be updated. (Lather, Rinse, repeat)

Looking for "but" to download that is compatible. 

Message 9 of 17
Tutor

I know need it needs to be iso 10.0 or higher, but why should we have to buy newer model iPad. Can't directv make an app for older iPads. 

Message 10 of 17
ACE - Expert

@Cubsix71 wrote:

I know need it needs to be iso 10.0 or higher, but why should we have to buy newer model iPad. Can't directv make an app for older iPads. 

They could, but they won't, just like many other company's apps. They can barely make their app work on the latest iOS versions, let alone support older versions, too. 

Message 11 of 17
ACE - Expert

Why doesn't Apple make a version of iOS10 that runs on older Apple products?

Message 12 of 17
ACE - Master

this is an apple issue

they chose to not update the os on those tablets, to force you to upgrade it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 13 of 17
Tutor

I don't want to hear that, I just came back from spectrum and their app worked just fine.
Message 14 of 17
ACE - Expert

@Cubsix71 wrote:
I don't want to hear that, I just came back from spectrum and their app worked just fine.

You might not want to hear it, but that's the fact. You'll need a device that supports the newer operating system.  

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support