Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPad Registration

Highlighted
Scholar

iPad Registration

Dear all,

For some reason my iPad has never been able to register for DVR access. How can I reset the box so all other devices fall off and I try to re-establish a connection. I got my iPhone to register but I don't want it as a registered device. I only want my wife's iPad Mini 4, my sons iPad Mini 2 and my iPad Air 2 to be registered. If I reset the box, will it loose all my DVR recording and listings?

This is what I get:

IMG_0810.PNG2nd screen failing to registerIMG_0811.PNG1st screen to DVR registerIMG_0811.PNG

Message 1 of 22
Scholar

Re: iPad Registration

Thank you in advance for any advice.....

cheers

Message 2 of 22

I also cannot register iPad or iPhone since update.  Rebooted reloaded everything a million times. Spent hours with tech support on phone and field service who ultimately said "sorry" we don't repair or troubleshoot app issues.  I'm also missing a bunch of channels. Don't know what to do anymore but to refuse to pay bill until it works. Hopefully you all do the same.   

Message 3 of 22
Scholar

@ATTDIRECTVCare - Can you guys add any advice to us? My wife's iPad has no issues but mine does not work? Maybe someone can reach out to us and help? I know there was a known fault since December 2016, I'm sure this must have been resolved by now?

Message 4 of 22
Community Support

Hi,

We are sorry about the issues, but we will be glad to help. Make sure your devices are on the same network and your doing the setup in home. Check the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway to make sure they are on the same network. Also, be sure that the iPad is on the latest firmware and you have the latest DIRECTV app.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 22
Scholar

Hi @ATTDIRECTVCare

Thank you for your advice. I've done all that, like I say there was a known issue dating back to December 2016. Is this issue still not fixed? If you see @eddie_albert comments, it seems they are having similar issues. Do I need to reset the DTV DVR box? If I do that, will I loose all my my recording lists? Not the actual recordings as we are clearing those up. I mean the recording list for shows that will restart in Fall?

Thanks again 🙂

Message 6 of 22

I have rebooted att router twice even though there are no wifi issues in home. I have reloaded directv app 6 times. I have reset att password. I have reset network on iPad. I have confirmed wifi connection of dvr to same network as iPad. I have reset network on dvr anyway. I have spent hours on the phone with att staff. I had tech come to home. They can't help.  

I didnt mention previouly but another another really annoying problem is every hour on the hour the app crashes watching live or recorded shows. Last nite I kept getting a pop up saying that the channel I was watching was not part of my package no matter what channel I watched. I'm missing a bunch of channels in list and some like Fox News error out. Would you pay for this?

Message 7 of 22
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by iobunny
‎07-13-2017 9:20 PM

Hi,

Try resetting the DVR. If you use the red reset button, it should not delete the recordings or recording list. 

With the app crashing, do you notice it on all devices or just the iPad?

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 22
Scholar

@ATTDIRECTVCare

Thank you guys so much. Sorry to sound doubtful, are you sure the red button reset won't loose all the shows in the schedule to record memory? 

Im worried to lose it all hence why I wanted to double check. 

Also, do I unplug the box, wait 15 secs and then switch back on whilst pressing the red button down?

Thanks as always!

Message 9 of 22

I've reset the dvr numerous times no change.  I also have reset router numerous times. I have an iPhone and iPad using the app. They each exhibit different glitches.  I can watch Fox News 360 on iPhone but not on iPad.  Neither device can access new recordings in playlist.  Neither device can register with dvr.  I think this is a total software problem associated with the latest app update. 

Message 10 of 22
Community Support

Hi @iobunny,

You do not have to unplug anything. You can just press the red reset button.

@eddie_albert - are you able to register any other devices?

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Message 11 of 22

No I cannot register iPhone now either. Both iPad and iPhones were previously registered months ago.
Message 12 of 22
Community Support

If you have any other devices you can test with, please try using that. Since it appears to be all devices, it may not be an issue with the device software, but with the setup. We notice a lot of issues with devices registering due to network firewalls. If your router allows for it, try enabling uPnP.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Message 13 of 22

I can put the app in another iPhone later tonite. My iPhone and iPad had been registered previously for months. I have registered them previously when other glitches necessitated reloading the app. This all started when the last app update occurred. Why do I get Fox News on phone and not on iPad? Why can I not access numerous other channels?

You are sending me on a wild goose chase! Please schedule a tech to come to my house that can fix this!!
Message 14 of 22

I can put the app in another iPhone later tonite. My iPhone and iPad had been registered previously for months. I have registered them previously when other glitches necessitated reloading the app. This all started when the last app update occurred. Why do I get Fox News on phone and not on iPad? Why can I not access numerous other channels?

You are sending me on a wild goose chase! Please schedule a tech to come to my house that can fix this!!
Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support