iPad App Not Working

Tutor

iPad App Not Working

The iPad app has not worked for me in several months.  When I bring up the app, I am able to login but no content ever comes up on the iPad and it can not find my receivers.  The Currently Watching section always says "Searching for Receiver" and the What's Hot section says "Loading...".  I have reloaded the app several times and I know my receivers are properly connected to the network because I use a 3rd party remote control app with my receivers without any issues.  I also have multiple iPads that I have tried this on and none of them work. 

I called DirecTV a couple months ago and after an hour or so on the phone, they were unable to resolve but said my account would be refreshed within 72 hours to fix it but it has never worked.  Does anyone know what will fix the issue?

Message 1 of 34
Expert

Re: iPad App Not Working

Press the dash :smileyminus: button on your HD DVR and confirm that it reports Internet connected.  Then look in your router's settings and confirm that no firewall is running.

Message 2 of 34
Tutor

I had already confirmed all that prior to calling DirecTV and they went through it all again. Everything is connected properly to the network and I can pull up apps on the receiver.

Message 3 of 34
Scholar

Maybe try removing/uninstalling the app, then power off your iPad, start it back up again, then go to the app store and download/reinstall the app.  Sometimes a fresh start can resolve problems like yours.  

Message 4 of 34
Expert

To go a step further, remove the App from the iPad, do a power button reset of the iPad, then download and reinstall the App.

Message 5 of 34
Tutor

I have reloaded the app multiple times and done a hard reset.  I think the issue is on them DirecTV end but I'm hoping someone in the forums knows what the issue is.

Message 6 of 34
Expert

I personally (and I assume many others) are running the three iPad Apps all successfully.  We see a lot of posts from folks who feel their problem is the software but that is seldom really the case.  Much more apt to be some anomaly in your home network, a router firewall or some such.

Message 7 of 34
Teacher

I can longer get latest updated iPad app on my old iPad 1. Says I need IOS 6.1 which I don't have.

Message 8 of 34
Employee

Unfortunately the iPad 1 seems like is no longer supported.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 34
Teacher

That's just great. Any way of getting pre- 11/21 revision of app?

Message 10 of 34
Employee

Not sure if this works, but is worth a try!

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971543

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 34
Teacher

I Have the exact problem.  The forum seems to think it is the DTV app problem...I am connected to Internet and everything works except  the. DTV app since it was upgraded.   frustrating...did you get it working yet?  Not me.

Message 12 of 34

I could not get the iPad app to work until I did the following:

Enable these settings on each of your boxes:

Settings>Whole-Home>External Device>External Access>Allow

Settings>Whole-Home>External Device>Current Program>Allow

Settings>Whole-Home>External Device>Recordings>Allow

Message 13 of 34
Tutor

No, after 2 calls and around 3 hours on phone with DirecTV, still no resolution. They claimed they referred it to "Engineering" for resolution both times, but it still doesn't work. I even talked to a supervisor last time asking someone from Engineering to call me, but he refused to have someone call me or give me a contact I could call.  He said Engineering doesn't call customers.

Message 14 of 34

Just spoke to customer service and requested access to the older version. Confirmed - as of late November DirecTV customers not on iOS 6 or above will no longer be able to use the DirecTV app. Poor business decision to lock out all of your customers not on iOS 6 or above without any notices or alternatives. :smileyangry:

Simple solution: allow access to the last version which was iOS 5 compatible.

Message 15 of 34
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support