Explore & discover

Helpful Links

directv2pc.exe file

Contributor

directv2pc.exe file

I have run the advisor.  I have an activation key.  What I do not have is the directv2pc.exe file in order to proceed.  I can not find a link anywhere on the directv site to directly download the .exe file.

Message 1 of 8
Expert

Re: directv2pc.exe file

You aren't the first to have this difficulty:  Here are the detailed instructions. Watch the Internet Explorer page for a pop up blocker and allow it.

1. Here is a link to the Download Advisor

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/event/2008/directv2pc/enu/index.jsp

2. If you click the "Download Now" you will get a pop up to download the Advisor. In addition to the pop up another page will appear.

3. Near the bottom of that page is a spot to fill in your name and email address and a red "submit" button. Fill in the blanks and press submit. Watch your email for an activation/serial number. If you've already received two codes, you’ll need to use a different email address. If it doesn't arrive, check your spam or junk mail.

5. After you press submit, the next page will have a red button in the middle labeled "download now". You may get a parental warning, click OK and the download will be ready.

Message 2 of 8
Mentor

I also had to hold the CTRL (control) key when I clicked on the links. 

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Since this is nolonger available, is there an option to watch DirecTV on your PC??

Message 4 of 8
Employee

@qballrail sure, you can head to www.directv.com to stream most of your channel through the website.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8
Tutor

So then what your saying is no option to watch my DVR contents on PC, correct?

Message 6 of 8
Scholar

Mobile DVR will not be supported on PC/laptops.  

Message 7 of 8
Employee

@kolvadw Correct. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support