Explore & discover

Helpful Links

directv app won't connect to receiver

Contributor

directv app won't connect to receiver

I downloaded the app to my iphone a few months ago and everything was working

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it says receiver not connected to wireless network I disconnected and reconnected dvr also reset my wireless modem  my dvr says it is connected but the app keeps buffering saying it is dowmloading channels and when I check the dvr on my phone it says dvr not connected to network also tried on 2 different ipad still the same message

Message 1 of 42
Tutor

Re: Re: directv app won't connect to receiver

Hi. I am still having the problem. I called and had a very helpful customer support person that spent 1 hour troubleshooting. They are sending a tech to my house on Saturday as they think it may be the Genie box. If it is solved I will let you know. 🤞
Message 31 of 42
Tutor

So here it is, 2018, and Directv still has the same issues.  They did some kind of change to the way the menu screen looks and now the DirecTV app will not connect.  Also mention when they made the change it deleted a lot of recordings I had set.  Anyway, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it.  Tried to connect and it still wont connect.  Asked me to put in the receiver IP address and it still wouldn't connect.  So, DirecTV, what do I do now?

Message 32 of 42
Highlighted
Tutor

Same issue for me. I lost the connection in December. I have spent hours with customer service to no avail. I was told it was my Apple products and have borrowed and tried 2 Samsung products. They would not connect. What a frustrating issue that Direct TV refuses to correct.
Message 33 of 42
Contributor

Am having the same issues as everyone else with not connecting to dvr. I reinstalled the app worked fine not same old thing Help

Message 34 of 42
Contributor

Having the same issue. Talked to tech support and currently they have no solution but not to worry they have sent engineering a work order.  So last time that happened with a 4K issue I never heard back and when I called again they said that nothing was ever sent. 

Message 35 of 42
Tutor

I have had the same problem…could not connect…said my DVR was not connected to the internet (which I connected last week).  Tonight I missed recording something I really wanted because it still did not work!!!  I just downloaded the new DirecTV app onto my new iPhone…voilla!! It is now connected!!!

Message 36 of 42
Teacher

I phone connects.  Android does not   Now they have disabled hdmi output.  I'm going to dump DirecTv which I have had since 1994.  I'll use off air and subscribe to a couple if channels I like.  It's one thing to be responsive to the customer and try.  But like everyone else here I have been promised follow ups on many occasions but never have I received one.  I'm done.  Goodbye DirecTv.  Your customer service stinks

Message 37 of 42

HS17/500   0x1112

C61w/400  X 2

android 8.1.0

Can not get the app to connect tried uninstalling

Before you just uninstall Remember to go to the app through settings and delete the cache and clear data under storage this will remove all the info the app has remembered

i did have a HS17/100 and it did connect but the genie 2 did not do ondemand

att replaced the unit and now the app does not work

looking to see if anyone has gotten it to work recently

Message 38 of 42
Contributor

I had same problem, go to menu, setting, internet setup, advanced settings and reset network, do not set up wireless after that. Then do to mobile device app and click three horizontal bars top left corner for settings, go to receiver control, you need to enter it address from receiver found in setting, info and test, , genie info then use down arrow to scroll down to find it address ( should start with 168.. then try connecting mobile device to receiver

Message 39 of 42
Contributor

This makes no sense. If your receiver is not connected to your wireless network, the app cannot see it.
Message 40 of 42
Teacher

Too late. After 25 years I have canceled DirecTV. Thanks anyway

Message 41 of 42

On Dec 4th some tech thought it would be a good idea to shut off my service and cancel the account, many days and

42+ people later of trying they can not restore my account or reactivate my equipment with out finally agreeing to send out a tech

with all new equipment (for a charge) and establishing a new account. I said too late good bye. sent the equipment back and have been charged for a new install anyway. I am still fighting for the charges to be reversed.

Going with DTV was the worst, i am now on a FREE antenna i get 22 stations and have NO bill and No equipment issues.

If i need tv Ill go cable. Never dtv again.

Message 42 of 42
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support