Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Re: directv app won't connect to receiver

Contributor

directv app won't connect to receiver

I downloaded the app to my iphone a few months ago and everything was working

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it says receiver not connected to wireless network I disconnected and reconnected dvr also reset my wireless modem  my dvr says it is connected but the app keeps buffering saying it is dowmloading channels and when I check the dvr on my phone it says dvr not connected to network also tried on 2 different ipad still the same message

Message 1 of 42
Tutor

I only see one app as an option in the Apple store. Deleted old app and downloaded what is available. Still won’t connect.

Message 16 of 42
Tutor

Just spent 2 hours on a chat for this same issue.  Just got the new Genie 2 HS17 today and I can't connect the app on my Android phone (Moto Z Force Droid) to the DVR receiver.  Chat got elevated twice and then they gave up and said I'd get an email when a solution was available.  Started out with the HS17 wired to internet, uninstalled/reinstalled app twice.  Entered the HS17 IP address numerous times and still couldn't connect.  They had me change to a wireless connection for the HS17 and do the same uninstall/reinstall but that didn't work.  I tried to get the network services to start on the HS17 but that failed in both automatic and manual mode.  Set up router for port forwarding on the manual mode but network services still failed.  It's not clear that network services are needed for the app to connect but I gave it a try.  

Next thing I tried was to change my 2.4/5 GHz router to only 2.4 and then to only 5 GHz but that didn't help.  Switched the HS17 back to a wired connection.

Next thing I did was try the same procedure on my Fire Tablet - same result.  Only improvement was the fire tablet failed in a few seconds where the phone took several minutes.  Another interesting thing about the tablet is that the menu has a 'receiver control' option that allows the IP address of the HS17 to be entered.  On the phone, this screen always comes up blank, on the tablet, the screen came up showing the correct IP address and that the IP status was "Valid/Found Receiver".  Control status shows "Enabled".  But then, when you go down to 'DVR Access', you have to select 'register this tablet' which then takes you to the same Get Started Screen that fails to register the DVR.  After trying this several times I went back to the HS17 and checked the internet status and settings again.  All looked good.  Tried the tablet again and this time, like the phone, it took several minutes for the 'Registering your DVR...' to time out and fail.  I've seen other forums discussing this same problem and indicating that Directv knows about the problem but they still seem to go through the same support procedures anyway.

I've put too many hours into this problem with no success; I give up for now.  I'll ping their support once a week or so and see what happens.

Message 17 of 42
Contributor

I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times on two iPads and my iPhone and none of them can find a receiver.  It worked fine until about two weeks ago.

Message 18 of 42
Tutor

Did you happen to hardwire your box to the receiver?
I have discovered that all devices must be on the same WiFi.
Message 19 of 42
Highlighted
Contributor

Cant view locals, i have uninstalled, disabled, cleared cache and data, restarted my s7, and still same issue along with everyone else, how about fixing the issue for good, doesnt work more than it works, lousy app research on engineerings behalf, so not happy!!!!!!! 

Message 20 of 42
Employee

What is the issue with the new directv app?  It will not connect to my DVR.  Worked fine until new update.   I have tried all solutions to no avail.  I have a very stable 24mb internet connection.  I am an employee and am ashamed that we are putting this type of product in the field and charging people for it. I have had this problem of and on for over a year. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 42
Teacher

Whatever help you have send it to me as well.  My DTV app says "Receiver: Not Found".  

Message 22 of 42
Tutor

I have the same problem.  I had the app installed on my iPad and it worked fine for a few months, then would not connect.  I kept getting error code 212 for not connecting to the DVR.  I also installed the app on another iPad and my phone and they could not connect and I got the same result with another error code of 100.  

I switched to Direct TV for this service as I travel a lot and download my DVR so I can watch on airplanes.  I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and have not gotten anywhere, except paying for features that I cannot use.  This is very frustrating.

Message 23 of 42
Contributor

Same issue,  Called on 8 different occasions.  Each time after the same drill they said they would escallate and someone would get back to me.  Nobody ever has.  No eamil, no call as promised.  When you call they have you do the same things over and over, the definition of insanity.  They even had the nerve to try an upsell me to another extended warranty during one of the calls. Yeah, lets pay more for an app and hardware won't work. Take your tv with you, bunch of crap, can't even watch a local show on my ipad in my own living room.  Bye Bye in November.

Message 24 of 42
Mentor

I finally got mine to work!!!!! They had me restart the main receiver by pressing the red button. When it was totally booted back up, she had me press the right arrow button to see if the TV apps would load. Once those did(it did take a couple tries for everything to connect again), she had me press the left arrow button for my DVR shows to load. Once I did all that, the app was able to register me DVR again. I've had a couple times since where it won't connect, I just load the TVapps on the main receiver and it works fine again.

Message 25 of 42
Tutor

This thread is about the app on our phones, not the TV.
Message 26 of 42
Teacher

The DIRECTV remote app isn't compatible with the HS17 Genie 2 system. I had it installed months ago. Is there any way I can have everything switched back to the older HR54 receiver? 

Message 27 of 42
Contributor

http://emcomtec.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/iPadAppQuickStartGuide_COM_2013_Q2_R5_GR.pdf

Use direct tv remote and go to settings. Click on whole home, then external device and "allow" all options here.

Message 28 of 42
Tutor

How can I tell if I have a combo router. My 1 dvr shows up on my att wifi as 2 different boxes. One with an ip address and one don't, and 2 different mac addresses.

Message 29 of 42
Contributor

I can't connect either receiver I'm so upset it's ridiculously to high priced to not have all you pay for can't use as promised smh

Message 30 of 42
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support