Explore & discover

Helpful Links

daily channel lineup

Contributor

daily channel lineup

We just received the upgrade and now with Genie.  On the old remote, I could line up my programs every day with my remote by pressing the ENTER key on each program and it would change automatically by the hour. So I didn't need to manually change channels every time for every program.  Is there a function like that for the new remote/or system. I would be lost without this function. I want to be able to do things around the house without having to stop and change channels every hour.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Moderator (Moderator)
Accepted by Phil-101
‎02-04-2019 8:33 PM

Re: daily channel lineup

DVR models (including any Genie) do not have Autotune as having multiple tuners and able to record replaces it.

If you have the regular Genie (HR34, HR44, HR54) you can have full receivers on your other TVs instead of Mini Genie Clients. So if needed you could choose to get a Hxx (such as H25) which is a single tuner receiver, but because it is not a DVR it has Autotune. Still has the bonus that it can watch what your other TVs have recorded though it doesn't record itself.

If you have the Genie-2 (HS17) however, that only allows Clients so you couldn't have any full receivers on the account. Too many pitfalls from the restriction of being a Client only system is why I and many others do not recommend this system.

Since Autotune is a niche feature that only a small amount of people use, many agents do not even think of informing someone when they upgrade to the Genie that the feature is only available on non-DVR models (Hxx).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: daily channel lineup

Thank you Juniper, I really appreciate your input. It gives me a direction to on at last. Best regards, prichard389.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support