Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: What to know about DIRECTV Everywhere

Community Support

What to know about DIRECTV Everywhere

dtveverywhere.jpg

1. What you’ll get with DIRECTV Everywhere
    As the name suggests, DIRECTV Everywhere means you can stream your favorite movies and shows on just about any compatible Internet-connected mobile device you own, anywhere you go*. This includes the latest blockbusters and hottest shows On Demand, shows recorded on your DVR Playlist (with the GenieGo), and even LIVE TV channels. *Must currently be in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska. Click here to get started! You will find more information below!

2. What you’ll need for DIRECTV Everywhere
    DIRECTV Everywhere doesn't require a subscription and is at no extra charge to all DIRECTV customers. As long as you have the channel in your DIRECTV package you will have the channel on DIRECTV Everywhere.
    Go here for more information on How to watch movies and shows on any device.
    • In-Home Streaming
      1. Need satellite connection and DIRECTV online account
      2. Must have a DIRECTV HD DVR that is connected to the internet
      3. Must be connected to the same router as your HD DVR
      4. Must download the DIRECTV app if streaming using your phone/tablet
      5. Stream on up to 3 devices at the same time on one account
        Available channels on In-Home streaming
    • Out-of-Home Streaming
      1. Need DIRECTV online account
      2. Must download the DIRECTV app if streaming using your phone/tablet
      3. Must be connected to internet or using your phones LTE connection
      4. Stream on up to 3 devices at the same time on one account
        Available channels on Out-of-Home streaming

• Video On Demand
      1. Need DIRECTV online account.
      2. Must download the DIRECTV app if streaming using your phone/tablet
      3. Must be connected to internet or using your phones LTE connection.
      4. Stream on up to 5 devices at the same time on one account

1. What you’ll need to Troubleshoot
    If you are viewing a red dot, or are having issues connection your DVR to the internet, go through the following steps:
    • Go to the Menu on the upper-left corner of the app and tap Setting.
      1. For the tablet, go to Receiver Control
      2. For mobile device, go to Manual Recordings, then Receiver
    • The app will pull a list of receivers listed in your account. If the receiver does not appear in list, or there is a red dot:
      1. Make sure you have an eligible receiver (internet connecting) on your account
      2. Log in on DIRECTV.com, go to my account > Account Overview > My Equipment and verify the receiver.
      3. Reconfigure your router (factory reset) and Uninstall/reinstall your app. Then sync the receiver and your device back to the same internet connection
    • More information about issues connecting your receiver to the internet.
    • More info on Troubleshooting the DIRECTV Everywhere features.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 22
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTDIRECTVCare
‎02-10-2016 10:01 AM

If you are noticing issues with buffering or streaming quality, check out this thread for more information about Troubleshooting your Streaming Applications.

If you have issues logging in, or are getting error messages, please send a message to us by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. We will get back to you as soon as possible. 

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like the layout of the information. There is some misinformation, though. We can't watch programs that are recorded on our dvr through directv everywhere. It is only if we have the Geniego. Also, it is only everywhere we go as long as it is within the U.S.

Message 3 of 22
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Good catch, @Anonymous!  We should also point out that GenieGo is currently not available from DirecTV.   And a SlingBox can be used instead.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 22
Former Employee

Actually, if you read up there it says you can watch your recorded shows "(with the GenieGo)" 

Message 5 of 22
Tutor

If I'm also an AT&T wireless customer, can I stream content using the DirecTV app over LTE without it counting against my data plan?

Message 6 of 22
Contributor

Love my GenieGo when it stays connected to everything that is.

When using DIRECTV over LTE, it will eat up your data plan but surprisingly, the video compression used doesn't use nearly as much as you would think!
Message 7 of 22
Expert

Nope, when you use the DIRECTV app, you will be using data from your plan.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lilricky it was changed after the comment was made.

Message 9 of 22
Contributor

My internet speed is 30mbps and my direct tv app still lags. I know it's the app cause it doesn't do it with any other site/app I stream with. I'm seeing on the app review that's it's happening a lot
Message 10 of 22
Teacher

DirecTV Everywhere dosen't meet my needs.  When I leave town, I like to take my recorded programs with me on my computer.  I do not have internet connection and my data plan will not support streaming video.  At least not without costing me a bundle!  DirecTV discontinued the GenieGO with out any notification.  When I could not register the new Genie GO that DirecTV sent me a couple of months ago, I contacted Tech Support and was told that there is nothing to be done.  GenieGo support is finished.  I am a very unhappy DirecTV customer.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are still providing support for the GenieGo. They just stopped selling it. According to them, they are relaunching it.

Message 12 of 22
Teacher

This isnt very clear. When you are viewing from your DVR In Home, to a computer also In Home, do you need an app or program also or just for tablets ? How do you view your recorded programs on your laptop or desktop ?  We have been using directv2pc but it's buggy and hardly works with any computers anymore and no intel based laptops at all. 

And if its somehow streaming from online that's no use. Like many customers who need satellite we live in a rural area and don't have unlimited internet. All the data from DVR to PC must be local data. 

Message 13 of 22
Community Support

Hi @bobjr94,

To view content on a computer, you will need to download the DIRECTV Player. This link explains in detail what devices are supported.

We do recommended having the latest OS, web browser, and flash.  You can find information system requirements here.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Message 14 of 22
Contributor

is there a way to disconnect an app? say a roommate moves out....but still access the app.  can i just change the password?

Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support