Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watching "Live TV" on a computer

Tutor

Watching "Live TV" on a computer

I'm utilizing the Direct TV website while on the road to "Watch LIve TV"  as a part of my paid subscription at home.  The only problem seems to be that any "Live TV" is actually a minimum of 14 days old.   Am I missing something?  How do I watch a current newscast or TV show, or sports event?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by hestwest
‎04-11-2018 8:19 PM

Re: Watching "Live TV" on a computer

If you're using a computer or laptop vs a mobile device,  you have to go to www.directv.com sign into your account and then go to "watch now", there is no app for desktops or laptops,  only mobile devices. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

I go there, sign in, it takes me to ATT and then tells me the page does not exist. 

Message 3 of 8
Contributor

Nope, does not work. In some case when i put the cursor over the "Watch it now" button, it lightens. but, when I click on it, it goes no where. When the cursor is moved off the button, the color goes back to dark blue. On other channels it says it is "checking for streaming options", even though it says it is free and part of my package. No one seems to be able to help.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I'm having this same problem.

Message 5 of 8

Are you aware it is not possible to sign into your DirecTV account?  You can sign into Att.com and then attempt to sign in so you can get transferred to DirecTV and that doesn't work either, you end right back at ATT sign in.  Been going on since at least Nov. 2017.  I've talked to many, many techs and all you get are promises and the run around.

Message 6 of 8

Yeah, and I'm out of here after 20 years with this outfit for just this reason.  AT&T ruined it, they are duds.  Hello Disk on Sept.1, 2018.

Message 7 of 8

AT&T bought out DirectTV some time ago but they finally implemented their service just weeks ago in the 92284 region and I have had nothing but trouble with my computer application that used to work perfectly with DirectTV. I have after much trouble shooting finally got channels 200 and higher working on my computer (in the same household) but channels 1-100 will not display on my watch online menu. However, the networks do work and you can watch some older recorded local programs but no live TV. No one has said anything about this problem on here. 

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support