Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watching TV series on iPad 2 - can't sign in to HBO GO

Highlighted
Contributor

Watching TV series on iPad 2 - can't sign in to HBO GO

I watched an HBO series on TV and wanted to watch a past episode. I used an iPad 2 (IOS 9.3.5) and the HBO GO app. I cannot sign into the HBO GO app. Error says incorrect email address or PW. I used this procedure before the ATT and Direc TV merge. Something has changed.

I do have an HBO subscription, an ATT ID, an email address and a PW that used to work. I have spent two days chatting with an ATT tech  person, and an Apple support person. I'm told things are OK at each end. But something is broken in the middle and I need some tech help.

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: Watching TV series on iPad 2 - can't sign in to HBO GO

A reply to my own post - after much futzing around the Myatt site, and perusing other posts which noted similar problems, I hit on a solution that works for my case. I can't remember the one thing I did, if it was only one thing, but let my try this on you all. I signed into Myatt site with my ATT ID (not my email address) and my ATT PW and was able to get to the HBO site using my iMac. Flushed with success, I used my iPad 2 and selected the HBOGO app. I couldn't sign in. Same [word filter avoidance] problem as before. As a last resort, I deleted the HBOGO app (as suggested by several posts), and cleared the Safari history and website data, then I turn off the iPad for about 15 mintues (more or less). Turned the ipad back on, reinstalled the HBOGO app and tapped the  icon. I went through the TV provider selection and then saw the sign-in window. I entered my ATT ID (not my email address) and my ATT PW and I was in business ! I don't know if any of these machinations will help others but many thanks for the previous posts re this situation. You may please close my post. Thanks for your help.

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn to manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T. View help managing DIRECTV in myAT&T!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support