Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Tutor

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 99
Mentor

Re: Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I installed Firefox and it still doesn't work.  None of the browsers work.  

Message 76 of 99
Teacher

What exactly did you install? I already have the current  flash player from Adobe installed. Which 27.0.0.183. What exactly did you enable in Addons? In my FF addons, I see OPENH264 Video Codex provided by Cisco. This is the one from DTV. I see Shock Flashwave, which is another name for Adobe Flash. In my search of Addons, I see a ton of unique Flash addons, like for YouTube, FaceBook, etc. So i'm trying to find out what you did, because my FF doesn't even ask to install the DTV Player. It just sits there when I select watch. Fortunately, Chrome does work, but they all used to work except for Edge. So I need another browser in case FF stops working with the DTV Player.

Message 77 of 99
Teacher

OK I just got FF to work. In the Addons, since two Flash addons did not work (one for YouTube and one for Facebook), I decided to install the Addon Video without Flash. Once I did that, my streaming started working. I'll report back when it stops working. So now I have Chrome and FF working. 

Message 78 of 99
Mentor

I have open H264 video codec provided by cisco

shockwavy flash 27.0

both set to always Activate

Still in loop to load cisco video player of just sits there.

What did you do to get it to work?  I'm using windows 10

Message 79 of 99
Teacher

In FF, go to the add-on section. Select Get-Add-ons to find add-ons to add. You will be taken to a list of add-ons that are available. Select the "Video Without Flash" add-on. Install that. Stop and start FF. Then logon to your DTV account and you should be able to stream your TV channels using FF. That was all I did and it is still working. However, I have no idea how to get this to work in Edge.

Message 80 of 99
Teacher

My gosh that is an absolutely worthless reply.  DirecTV support simply reads from a script.  

Message 81 of 99
Contributor

There are so many issues with streaming directv in a browser. I am a programmer and I have to fight it constantly to work. 

One thing I have to do when the normal (reinstall, refresh browser, allow plugin to run.. repeat doesn't work)  is to clear out all cookies associated with all sites when you go to direct tv streaming.

Do to this in Chrome I:

1. select F12 key to open developer console

2. select application tab
3. select cookies
4. select each website listed and select "clear all"

You could try use the browser clear cookies also but this roots out all cookies that are being used 
when going to direcTV streaming page/player.

Message 82 of 99
Mentor

Thank you for the suggestion, however it still won't load for me.  We need ATT to create a plugin that is simple and compatible.

Message 83 of 99
Tutor

I agree.

Message 84 of 99
Teacher

That solution does NOT work for Chrome or any browser! You all need to stop being lazy and fix the D*** online interface! I've tried on multiple computers (2 desktops, 2 laptops, 4 browsers) and none of them work even after following the instructions and downloading the LATEST Adobe Flash Player (and making sure it's enabled), installing DirecTV Player (Cisco Video Guard 6.8), and making sure ALL my browsers are up-to-date! This is pathetic that no one has looked into this issue!

Message 85 of 99
Contributor

Stationed in Korea, just spent $50 on a VPN so I could watch some of my favorite shows on DTV...imagine my frustration of not being able to get past the install DIRECT TV player page.  Tried some of the fixes above but with no luck.  Seems like this should be an easy fix for the tech dept. Starting to lose my patience with DTV, if it's not one thing it's another

Message 86 of 99
Tutor

Had this issue two years ago, sighed back on and still have the same problem. Pathetic. I can not believe after two years nothing has been done to resolve this problem.

Message 87 of 99
Tutor

Hi

If you are a DirecTV customer ,you should not have problem at all.

If you are a AT&T customer move to DirecTV. They can watch most of program on all browser.

I moved from AT&T customer move to DirecTV.I had the same issue past 2 weeks after moving to DirecTV.

Depends upon the Technical person.Most of them are less Technical knowledge and not trained properly.

The issue was fixed now.

The issue with AT&T account which does not allow u to move from AT&T to DirecTV.

I need to ask to use different account and it worked fine.you need to chat with AT&T Login Support Team

don't use the URL : https://www.att.com/my/#/passthrough/overview

Use this URL only www.directv.com/entertainment

1.Please try chrome.
2.: Please clear all the cache, cookies and the browser history from the browser.using ctrl + shift + delete

3. : install adope flashplayer

4.go to chrome://settings/

5.click on Advance then Privacy and security

6 go to Content settings,then click on Flash is enable(Ask first (recommended))

7.Allow https://www.directv.com:443

8 login with your new account on .www.directv.com/entertainment

9.click on any program .It will ask to install DIRECTV_Player_12.1.exe and behind the seen it will install CiscoVideoGuard.6.8.exe

10.Enjoy you favorite channel.

You can also do it chrome by

1.enable the plugins in the your firefox browser.

2.You'll see just a blank rectangle, and the plugin notification icon will appear toward the left end of the address bar.

3.If you click to activate and allow the plugin, the missing content will load normally.

4.Here is the link for DIRECTV player http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/cinema/plugin/DIRECTV_Player_12  

5.https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

6.Choose "Always ask to run Flash" so it can't run without your permission. Only allow Flash to run on websites that you trust.

7.Enjoy you favorite channel.

You can chat with AT&T Directv Technical support team if above step can't be accomplished

Hope this Helps

Good Luck,

thanks,

RR

Message 88 of 99
Teacher

For the first time ever. . .IT WORKS!
Message 89 of 99
Tutor

Hi

If you are a DirecTV customer ,you should not have problem at all.

If you are a AT&T customer move to DirecTV. They can watch most of program on all browser.

I moved from AT&T customer move to DirecTV.I had the same issue past 2 weeks after moving to DirecTV.

Depends upon the Technical person.Most of them are less Technical knowledge and not trained properly.

The issue was fixed now.

The issue with AT&T account which does not allow u to move from AT&T to DirecTV.

I need to ask to use different account and it worked fine.you need to chat with AT&T Login Support Team

don't use the URL : https://www.att.com/my/#/passthrough/overview

Use this URL only www.directv.com/entertainment

1.Please try chrome.
2.: Please clear all the cache, cookies and the browser history from the browser.using ctrl + shift + delete

3. : install adope flashplayer

4.go to chrome://settings/

5.click on Advance then Privacy and security

6 go to Content settings,then click on Flash is enable(Ask first (recommended))

7.Allow https://www.directv.com:443

8 login with your new account on .www.directv.com/entertainment

9.click on any program .It will ask to install DIRECTV_Player_12.1.exe and behind the seen it will install CiscoVideoGuard.6.8.exe

10.Enjoy you favorite channel.

You can also do it chrome by

1.enable the plugins in the your firefox browser.

2.You'll see just a blank rectangle, and the plugin notification icon will appear toward the left end of the address bar.

3.If you click to activate and allow the plugin, the missing content will load normally.

4.Here is the link for DIRECTV player http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/cinema/plugin/DIRECTV_Player_12  

5.https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

6.Choose "Always ask to run Flash" so it can't run without your permission. Only allow Flash to run on websites that you trust.

7.Enjoy you favorite channel.

You can chat with AT&T Directv Technical support team if above step can't be accomplished

I hope "I know VERY FRUSTRATED AND HIGHLY UNSATISFIED experience " into PLEASANT and SATISFIED experience.

Hope this Helps

Good Luck,

thanks,

RR

Message 90 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support