Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Tutor

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 99
Teacher

Re: Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Hi Pockets7363:

Great you have been contacted. Please note that my problems with installation of CiscoVideoGuard on my Mac have gone unresolved even with escalation from the Office of the President. I presume at this point there is no solution for my problem and their solution is to ignore me. Your bug(s) may be different, so best of luck.

However, the big picture is of great concern, which is that insufficient resources are devoted to fixing DirecTV Player so that all can play. I have had friends who just gave up trying to fix these bugs. However, if enough users contact the Office of the President, they might realize how serious the problems and resources might be allocated. Unfortunately, I have learned in this misadventure that the greatest issue might be communication between the parent ATT and the acquired DirecTV; e.g., DirecTV personnel ignore requests from the Office of the President. In the world of mergers these issues are symptoms of incompatible corporate cultures and/or failed chain of command
Message 61 of 99
Contributor

It's time to cut the cord ..  Paying for something that doesn't work is just not right.  

Message 62 of 99
Former Employee

I use Windows 10 and the Chrome browser.  When I tried to play DTV video, the browser was blocking the Adobe Flash player from running (yes it showed that little red medallion in the address bar) -- even though I had taken care to set the Chrome settings to allow the Flash plugin to run.  So I looked on other Adobe sites for a solution, and found this -- and IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM.  Now the DTV player works perfectly via my Chrome browser.

Try this, Type chrome://flags in your address bar. Then find Run all Flash content when Flash setting is set to "allow" Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS For sites that have been set to "allow" Flash content, run all content including any that has been deemed unimportant. Set the flag to Enabled. Restart your browser. 

Message 63 of 99
Teacher

It also works on FF for me. But like you said, Chrome and Edge and Opera, no dice. I keep checking those other browsers every month or so to see if they are working, but so far, not yet. :-( 

Message 64 of 99
Teacher

Thanks, that Chrome:flags tricked fixed my Chrome browser. Now just not working with Edge and Opera. But FF, Chrome and IE are working. So I guess that is good enough for now. 

Message 65 of 99
Contributor

SOLUTION

IN chrome the plug in is being blocked
look up to the upper right when u try to download or watch
when you click youll see it say in the right side of the address bar
plugin blocked , click on it and select alow all plugins for this page

Message 66 of 99
Tutor

This should not be marked solved. None of these solutions work. The chrome://flags trick does not seem to be viable anymore as there does not appear to be a Run all Flash content when Flash setting, in chrome anymore. I have also been told by support that only 32 bit browsers work, which does not seem to be the case either. Really regretting switching to DirectTV.

Message 67 of 99
ACE - Expert

@rhuskjr, just because the solution doesn't work for you doesn't mean that it didn't work for the original poster.  Best to start your own new thread with more details about your exact equipment, symptoms and troubleshooting you've tried. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 68 of 99
Tutor

I am sorry you do not agree with my comment @litzdog911, but I fail to see how this is not the same issue as the symptoms described are identical to my experiences, except that by now there have been updates to the browsers. Also nowhere in this forum do I see where @Jamz145 has stated that any of the solutions have actually solved the problem. @Jamz145 have any of the solutions on this forum worked for you?

I see no reason to start another forum for the identical problem and I do not see how my comments are any different from others on this forum who have explained their issues and expressed their frustrations as well.

Message 69 of 99
ACE - Expert

@rhuskjr, well, that's certainly your choice.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 70 of 99
Teacher

Have no idea why DTV is having such a hard time solving this problem. A buddy of mine has Dish and he can watch all his channels on any browser. I keep waiting for a solution and I have been waiting for a long time. Smiley Sad 

Message 71 of 99
Tutor

The entire streaming situation is a mess. Somedays it works...somedays it doesn't. I can't believe ATT can't give us a solution. I kick myself in the butt daily for biting on their promos and leaving Comcast after 30+ years of decent service.
Message 72 of 99
Teacher

As a person working in IT, I continued to be amazed at the lack of movement to solve this issue.  The canned response on this forum are worn out and over played. 

Moving from Dish to DirecTV was the worst mistake I could have ever made.  Why is DTV not given us some type of discount due to this persistent issue?

Message 73 of 99
Mentor

I guess I will join this forum.  I'm having the same issue.  I've been working two other issues I"m posting, however, I haven't had any success there yet.  I borrowed an Xfininty login and it works great.  We need DirectTV to get this resolved.

Message 74 of 99
Contributor

I was trying to get this working on my Win 10 laptop and had the same experiences as others with both Edge and Chrome but was finally successful with Firefox. I installed Flashplayer and enabled it in the addon settings. The DTV player window started right up.

Message 75 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support