Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Tutor

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 99

Re: Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Chatted in, and apparently the old 6.7 is the cause, the new version 6.7.1 for the software works here's the link that was given for PCs

http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/cinema/plugin/CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.1.exe
Here is the link that was given for the software for macs:  

http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/cinema/plugin/CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.1.dmg

Message 31 of 99
Contributor

I've tried through the site and it hasn't worked. Remove me from your mailings.
Message 32 of 99
Tutor

I've done everything mentioned in these threads and I am installing the 6.7.1 version. The website still repeatedly tells me that I have to install the DirectTV Player. Even though I have repeatedly installed it. Uninstall, reinstall. Refresh my browser, close my browser and start it again. Reboot my computer. On and on. Trying everything. But still am unable to get it to work. 

Message 33 of 99
Teacher

May 25, 2017 3:32 PM

Chatted in, and apparently the old 6.7 is the cause, the new version 6.7.1 for the software works here's the link that was given for PCs

http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/cinema/plugin/CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.1.exe
Here is the link that was given for the software for macs:  

http://directv.vo.llnwd.net/e5/cinema/plugin/CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.1.dmg

This solution seems to have done the trick for me.  The DirecTV site still pushes out version 6.7 of CiscoVideoGuard, pretty lackadaisical considering they have actually created the new, functioning (at least for some of us) version.  There's no way I would have ever known about this or where to find it if not for this post.  Thanks.

I'm on Windows 7, by the way.

The only other solution I found that kind of worked, also posted in this or some similar thread, was to install an Android emulator on my PC, and within that emulator install and run the DirecTV app.  It more or less worked but seemed a tad laggy.

Message 34 of 99
Contributor

THANK YOU.

I am using windows 8 and that finally worked for me too.

I was following their directions and trying to find the actual program. 

I followed your directions 

"I kept the browser open. Once I had confirmation the Video Player installed, I went back to the browser and manually refreshed the page where I started.  There was a confirmation message that the Viewer was then starting and the live stream started."

I hope this works for others.

Message 35 of 99

I've been frustrated with this craziness since May 21 when changes were made.  Have 2 work ref #s re chat & call with DTV and nada back!  Have Windows 10, Anniversary, using desktop tried watching in Chrome as I usually do, Firefox & Edge.  Did as suggested d/l "new" 6.7.1, but still no-go.  Tried the "Refresh" idea and sometimes it wants to kick in, but no.  During the week using Chrome, I've gotten channels that go into the repeat "Install Player", other channels saying I need to connect to network (Huh?) and can watch ESPN channels.  Go figure!  Now for the screamer.  Have 2 laptops that have absolutely no problem streaming the channels available.  One on Anniversary & one on Creators.  Was told yesterday by tech support that engineering would get back to me and there was no higher level I could escalate the problem to.  Wanna bet?     

Message 36 of 99

Coincidentally, not long after I posted the last message, I got an email from DTV.  I've done that tons of times in the past 10 days and nada!  It's my problem, not on their end, of course.  Gheez!

Greetings ,

If the issue persists, please down load the player and reinstall it. Then close the browser and reopen to get it going again. If using Chrome you will need to download Adobe and select. Then allow it to run. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing DIRECTV!

Message 37 of 99
Contributor

I haven't tried the refresh after install recommendation but I can tell you what finally worked for me:

Uninstalled the CiscoVangardplayer

Uninstalled adobe flash

Cleared browsing data and restarted browser (chrome)

Went to directv website and re-downloaded CiscoVanguardPlayer when prompted 

Installed CiscoVanguardPlayer and closed the browser when finished

Re opened browser and went back to directv.com 

At this point channel 229 would work but 503, 284 and 360 showed a blank screen. I closed the browser and re-opened it again, tried channel 284 again and waited for 5 minutes. The window showed a prompt saying I needed to install adobe flash (go figure) 

Clicked the link and installed adobe flash. 

Restarted browser and every channel now works. 

It looks like the CiscoVanguardPlayer needs to be installed before Adobe Flash to get everything working correctly. 

I hope this helps. 

Message 38 of 99
Contributor

I'm running the 64 bit windows 7 and up until about a week ago everything went well.  Now I get the msg to download directv player.  Knew I already had it, so I went searching... nowhere on my computer!  Strange, but I went ahead and tried to download it again.  Various download sites sent me to a "no longer exists site".  Finally found one download site that worked, but it downloaded the cisco video guard, not the player.  Not sure why they need this since there are already safeguards.  Sure enough, when I tried to watch the program, it again said that I needed to download the directv player.  Well, I would if I could find it !!!. And this "not working with 64 bit answer" seems strange since it always worked until last week or so, and I've always had 64 bits.  As an engineer, this really irritates me... c'mon directv, the fix should not be that  #%@&*&?  difficult  !!

Message 39 of 99

OK  I GIVE UP for now.  Too much time wasted on my part!  After 2 weeks of trying all possibilities and having 2 issue ref #s issued, the "engineering" dept. response I get is download "player" (Aka Cisco Videoguard), install, quit browser and it will be fixed.  We're talking stupid as stupid gets.  My guess is that the folks who know how to stream went on summer vacation and the intern "engineers" are minding the farm.  Good thing I can stream networks I watch directly from those networks and don't rely on the "free in your package" ineptness by DTV/ATT.  I'll revisit streaming problems when the geek streamers are back from the beach.  (End of my rant)    

Message 40 of 99
Teacher

I have been unable to install CiscoVideoGuard on MacBookPro OSX10.11.6 for many months. Indeed, it has never installed.  Tried new version CVG 6.7.1 and still no joy.  In the past few months technical support, including Manager Customer Service (Mr Mee), has refused to respond to my emails.  I speculate there is still no solution and for many Mac users this is just vaporware.

Message 41 of 99

This is what worked for me:

1. Install the latest flash player (you can check your version at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/)
  2. Close the browser
  3. Uninstall "Cisco Video Player" from the Windows Control Panel - Uninstall or change a program (Programs and features)
  4. Open your browser and delete all "directv.com" cookies under Settings (there's a guide on how to do this for each browser here, Opera is similar to Chrome just Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Cookies -> All Cookies and Site Data then search "directv.com")
  5. Go back to the directv show or movie you were trying to watch, click Watch and Install directv player (Cisco video player) again
  6. Press Ctrl f5 to do a hard refresh of the page but don't close the browser.
Message 42 of 99
Contributor

Will only work on "Internet Explorer"!!!  Will not work on Google Chrome or MS Edge!!!

Message 43 of 99
Contributor

Not working for me.  They "escalated my issue."

Message 44 of 99
Teacher

My issue has been escalated for 5 months.  No Joy.  Mac OS 10.11.6

Message 45 of 99
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support