Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Tutor

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 100
Teacher

Re: Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

It took a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, but like Post #90 said, it FINALLY works!

Message 91 of 100
Tutor

Thanks for the advice, do you know did you have a combined bill? The tech person I am talking to says they can only do this by separating the two bills, which will cost me more money. Does this sound right?

Message 92 of 100
Tutor

Tried all of the above and still cant watch, Direct TV is making it impossible to watch online.

Message 93 of 100
Tutor

Tried all of the above and still cant watch, Direct TV is making it impossible to watch online,,.> Impossible!

Message 94 of 100
Tutor

HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO STREAM FOR OVER A MONTH  EVEN ATT CONNECT TECH COULD NOT GET IT WORKING WHILE CHATING WITH DIRECT TV TECH

Message 95 of 100
Contributor

It is 2018 now, almost 2019 and the problem still exists periodically. I"m getting fed up.I have been a loyal customer with at&t for a long time. I do not understand why this issue cannot be resolved.

Message 96 of 100
Contributor

My thoughts exactly.

Message 97 of 100
Contributor

I will be canceling my Direct TV. There are to many negative issues to mention. I am just fed up with Direct TV and AT&T! I have been a wireless customer every since wireless cellphones hit the market. Well it was Cingular Wireless and AT&T bought them out. My internet has always been with AT&T. For cable AT&T Cable or Uverse. Then I became a Direct TV customer when I purchased my home. 

I tried for hours and days to stream Direct TV Researched and troubledshoot. Nothing worked. Call Direct TV and he told me I needed to take my laptop to a repair shop. I did and the repair shop replaced my hard drive. Still can't stream Direct TV on my laptop! no matter what browser I used. I don't want to think about how much money I paid to this company! Yes, I am done with AT&T and Direct TV! Oh and I must add. I upgraded my wireless to 300. It is no faster than when I had 100. It is all a waste.

Message 98 of 100
Tutor

I watch directv every day on my computer. Here is what worked for me but only with Chrome browser.
Use only Chrome browser not in incognito mode also disable AdBlock (if installed) for directv.com.
Under Settings- Advanced-Content settings-Flash-allow ask first.
If you receive a install flash window click to install and a run flash window will pop up, click allow.
On most channels the watch now might not be functional but click check network in this window and in the address bar, in your browser, on the right hand side, a tiny icon will pop up. Click on that to allow plug-ins to run and the watch now will become functional in several seconds.
Enjoy Directv on your computer.

Message 99 of 100
Contributor

I wish I could charge DirecTV for the HOURS I have wasted trying to get the online player to work in both Chrome and Safari. For a few years I could get it to work in Chrome, only after several tries every time because it has always been extremely glitchy. NOW it will not work at all. I have spent the last THREE HOURS trying every "fix" suggested, and the player will not open. I have installed the player more than once. I have downloaded and allowed Adobe flash, I have closed and restarted my browser, and STILL I keep getting the INSTALL DirecTV PLAYER popup. ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND BEYOND AGGRAVATING.

Message 100 of 100
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support