Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

Tutor

Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

I'm on Win7, using Firefox and Chrome.

I clicked the "Install DirectTV Player" button and it downloads "CiscoVideoGuard.6.7.exe" I installed that and it still goes back to the "Install DirectTV Player" page.

I thought maybe the button was giving me the wrong link so I looked up the url for DIRECTTV Player 12.1 and installed that as well, but still stuck on this page. I tried clearing cache, restarting pc, relogging.

Nothing seems to work. In fact I tried this on a second Win7 computer with the same results. I don't know what is going on but I can't get past this screen.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 100
Contributor

Re: Stuck on "Install DIRECTV Player"

It appears since ATT has taken over, cutting egde has become the normal "AT&T, just enough to get by".

Message 16 of 100
Contributor

SAme problem here, running windows 10.  Just got done with a chat session and they told me that until he had called and talked to their network support team they were unaware of a sytem upgrade being initiated.  Well in reading the threads, this upgrade must have e=been going on for quite some time.  I would highly recommend you contact them and talk to a manager and demand a credit to y our account.  I did, and they did.  Also  you may want to reference the following:  

Marc : I could see that request has been taken and its forwarded to the network team. To be informed its escalated on high priority, The network team will call you on the request. For your reference please make a note of this Request ID 1-199803136055R2.

Marc : Please don't worry it will be fix it from our end. The network team will call you once its resolved. Currently we're having outage with directv website, once its done there will be a update information from our end
Peter : the system will operate fine with like TCM for instance it only seems to have the issue with HBO and Showtime
Marc : It will be definitely fixed for you. Many of our customers experience the same issue with HBO and showtime and cinemax
Peter : just for curiosity how long has this "outage" been
Marc : from the beginning of the month
Peter : so if many of your customers are having the same problem what's being done specifially to resolve it
Marc : They 're updating the website with more features and enhancements
Peter : seems to me there should have been a flash or a banner or some sort of notification to the subscribers
Peter : then again I've been to tech support on several attempts to resolve this and you're the first one to tell me there is an outage not for mothing but I have a low confidence level right about now
Marc : If I were in your shoes I would have felt the same
Peter : The banner would certainly be the way to go if this is actually the case
Marc : I have checked with network team and this is the update from their end
Peter : when is this projected completion date

Marc : This is the true information We don't want to give FALSE information to our customers
Marc : I do understand it
Marc : To be honest till now we didn't get the ETA from the network team
Marc : I will personally follow this and Let you know
Message 17 of 100
Mentor

Please notify me also since I'm having the same issue.  

Message 18 of 100
Tutor

To the employees, administrators writing in-

Thank you for your input. But, after following your instructions verbatim, I still cannot run the player (mac, latest os, latest browsers Safari and Chrome). If others are learning about the 64bit problem, why aren't you aware of it? And, why are you giving us instructions that do NOT work? This is beyond frustrating. This problem has been going on for months it seems (look at the dates of the customers writing in). Please give us facts. It would be much appreciated.

Message 19 of 100
Tutor

My situation is that some channels I can stream on both my Win pc and my MacBook, while most channels keep popping up the  "Install Direct TV player". Some channels state I must stream from the same wi fi connection as my receiver  (which I am) and some channels say they are not available to stream. This is an absolute mess that has me regretting my recent switch from Comcast. Also, calling support is a walk down frustration lane in itself. I get bounced around from person to person...or given another number to call. Each time I need to give my name, address, phone number, etc. Gotta be a better way. Now I think I need to research how I can get out of the contract I signed with them.

Message 20 of 100
Contributor

This is happening again, and I have a 64 bit windows computer and a Mac book air laptop, and the same issue is coming up on both computers.  the streaming service still seems to work ok on my iPad and iPhone, but I do not understand what happened... My service on both computers was working last Friday, and since Saturday it has not been working... What is up... Please get this fixed asap...

Message 21 of 100
Mentor

Same problem here!

Message 22 of 100
Contributor

Has anyone found the fix?  My laptop had always worked then suddenly it quit.  After chatting and calling direct tv, I got nowhere.  No today, my desktop quit!  Same problem.  Stuck on "Install Direct TV Player"

Help

Message 23 of 100
Contributor

This continuous issue is troublesome for a company as large as your self to not have a handle on.  You're suppose to be the front runners of this industry.  Please notify when a resolution is available or the cost to end my contract.

Thank you,

HM

Message 24 of 100
Contributor

I am having the same issues with the Directv player, only its not specific to HBO or showtime.  I cannot watch anything on my PC. 

Message 25 of 100
Tutor

I'm on Macbook, osX Yosemite.  Trying to access DirectTV through Google Chrome to watch DTV live.

I had the same problem you describe. Was advised to download and install the Viewer software and, after shutting down my browser and re-launching, I would still get the same instruction to download their Viewer.

What finally worked:

I kept the browser open. Once I had confirmation the Video Player installed, I went back to the browser and manually refreshed the page where I started.  There was a confirmation message that the Viewer was then starting and the live stream started.

Why I did this.  The instructions for the installation state that the web page should automatically refresh once you have confirmation that the Viewer has been installed.  Well - I got the install confirmation but the browser did not automatically refresh - so I figured I could just manually refresh the browser.  I mean, what the h_ _ l, right?  Not like I was watching more programming before then.  See if simply refreshing the web page after install does the trick.

Message 26 of 100
Mentor

@icnpiper advice worked for me!   Thanks alot!!!

Message 27 of 100
Contributor

IT WORKED FOR ME!!!!

THANKS!!!

I GUESS AFTER THE INSTALLATION THE APP DOES NOT REFRESH THE PAGE WITH THE CONGRATS PAGE AND THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE TO REFRESH THE PAGE!!!

HEY DTV SUPPORT TEAM AND STAFF YOU GUYS SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED THAT A CUSTOMER FOUND THE FIX TO A PROBLEM THAT PROB YOUR SMARTEST PEOPLE COULDN'T SOLVE!

THANKS FRIEND

Message 28 of 100
Contributor

Thank you!!! That worked ~ and I've saved your reply for future reference when it happens again. And it will!

Message 29 of 100
Contributor

Make sure your FLASH player is up to date.

I had that too, one of CiscoVideoGuard Direct TV would constantly prompt to install

Reading the prerequisites for the player is , you must have the current Flash player, and it is enabled in your browser.

So if the player cant see or use Flash in the browser, it defaults to thinking its not installed.  even though you may have installed it a 100 times.

Locate and solve the Adobe Flash player problem, the the Direct TV player WILL work.

Koby

Message 30 of 100
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support