Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Streaming NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV (2018): Broadcasts and Blackouts.

Community Support

Streaming NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV (2018): Broadcasts and Blackouts.

LEARN MORE ABOUT ELIGIBILITY AND PRICING

Here are some of the rules you need to know about streaming NFL SUNDAY TICKET — on your compatible TV, computer, tablet, or phone. For the best quality, streaming over wi-fi at the highest bandwidth is recommended.

Getting this? – “Sorry, local broadcasts are not available to stream due to NFL rules”

WHAT ARE THE STREAMING RULES?

• You will not be able to access NFL SUNDAY TICKET games (online or on the app) when traveling outside the U.S. This excludes Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands - existing subscribers will be able to stream.
  • You can only stream NFL SUNDAY TICKET on one device at a time.
  • Only regular season games aired on Sunday at 1PM ET and 4PM ET are available on NFL SUNDAY TICKET.
    • Games that fall between these hours are also available for streaming.
    • Pre-season and post-season games are not available on NFL SUNDAY TICKET.
  • Due to NFL restrictions, you cannot stream games that are in-market or locally broadcasted.
    • What Now? If you have access, you can watch the game on local channels like FOX/CBS. If not, you can use NFL SUNDAY TICKET to view the game highlights via “Short Cuts”. Highlights are available from midnight Sunday ET to midnight Wednesday ET.
    • Another Note: Your billing address (zip code when you signed up) is associated with your streaming access. If a game is being blacked out due to local broadcasts, whether or not you are streaming from that local area, your access to stream will also be blacked out.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 7
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author Community Support
Accepted by ATTDIRECTVCare
‎08-03-2017 1:36 PM

Re: Streaming NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV (2018): Broadcasts and Blackouts.

WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?

• Purchase of the 2018 NFL SUNDAY TICKET is opened and can be only made online at NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV.
  • Any season pass purchases made after Saturday, September 9, 2018 are strictly nonrefundable.
  • All upgrades, downgrades, and cancels can be done online. Downgrades/cancels will only be refunded if made before the start of the season on 9/8.
  • With NFL SUNDAY TICKET, you can stream using any of these Supported Devices.
  • Only one game may be accessed remotely at any given time. So, one stream folks.
  • Available games are based on your device location. Learn more about watching the games.

#HappyStreaming

-ATTDIRECTVCare

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Help! Being assigned the wrong blackouts! 2018-10-21

Last week I was suddenly blacked out of a game I shouldn't have been based upon my California location (wanted to watch CAR@ WAS). I called the direct TV support and was told it was a technical issue due to SEA/OAK game in London. Strangely I was not blacked out of any of the local (Bay Area) games that were broadcast on TV. Mistakes happen I figure I'd give it a pass.

This week I am confronted with same situation: local  broadcasted games are not blacked out and I am blacked out of the DAL @ WAS game. I call customer service and told it is an issue due to my account's billing address is located in the blackout area (NJ). I moved from NJ to California. 

"

• Another Note: Your billing address (zip code when you signed up) is associated with your streaming access. If a game is being blacked out due to local broadcasts, whether or not you are streaming from that local area, your access to stream will also be blacked out."

Ok. I wasnt aware of this additional restriction so I signed up for second subscription using my California address. I

I logged into the new California based account and was confronted with the same blackout issue: local broadcast games not blacked out and the game I wanted to see (DAL @ WAS) is blacked out.

I recall customer service, explain the above, and finally am told that despite my billing address and CC address being in California my IP resolves to Texas which is the home office of my cable/Internet provider. As one of the teams is Dallas I would thus be blacked out due to being seen in the local market even though I am thousands of miles away.

i am told to call my cable company and ask to change the address of the POP from TX to CA. Before I call the cable company I google what is my IP and the result shows my IP resolves not to Texas but to my actual town in California. I call cable company and they confirm the IP information.

I call back ATT and am finally told this is all due to federal legislation. I ask what specific legislation and cannot receive an accurate answer. I hesitate to believe this not so much for the all the round around I received but rather because how can a system be in place to comply with a "federal legislation" that causes the primary attempt of the legislation to be thwarted...that is I am able to see the local broadcast games on the Sunday ticket. I could see if I was blacked out of the local broadcast games as well as DAL @ WAS game but that is not the case. It suggests that there is a problem in the system.

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 7
Teacher

And you cannot watch any stream while attending any NFL games.

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

I have the same problem and can't get a good answer as to why they blackout games I should be able to view. According to this map (http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=9), I think ATT or DirectTV is lumping us in with San Diego because I can watch Atlanta on broadcast tv and the NFL Sunday Ticket app on my Smart TV but I cannot watch the Detroit game on either. One time they did fix it - for the Raider game in London - but every week we have an issue with either the Raiders or the Lions depending on what's "local" for my area. Either way, we will NEVER, EVER subscribe to this service again.

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

It's saying that if the game can be watched on a local channel, it's also blacked out.  I believe that this is false advertising.  What if you don't have access to local channels?  This subscription is not cheap, and in advertising it says you can watch every game, now I can understand not being able to watch west coast games if I'm on the west coast, but my team is in the central time zone, and today they're playing at home, and the team they're playing against is an east coast team.  Not only am I not purchasing this subscription again, but I'm going to review it everywhere I can and that goes for word of mouth.  Also, I'm going to talk to someone about their false advertising.  So tired of the NFL doing whatever they want and there's nothing you can do about it.  ONE UNHAPPY CUSTOMER AND NFL FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

Had similar issues today. I am registered in New York but I am in Florida today.  That’s pretty much the only place showing dolphins/colts, so I went to the app to watch broncos/Steelers. Said it was blacked out on fire stick & PC.  Worked on iPhone. Tried a few logins (friends in different states). Same thing.  Last year I recall all devices always matching where I was physically at the moment, not the home state of the account. 

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support