So what gives with the media share now you see it now you don't

Contributor

So what gives with the media share now you see it now you don't

I searched but doesn't seem to be any real solution to the mystery disappearing media share!!  I've tried everything but sometimes I can access my music on my pc and sometimes it isn't an option under my 'menu' 'extras'.  PC is running, network is up, WiFi solid on pc & DTV but sometimes nada and I can turn all off and on, reset all, etc etc till I'm blue but just ain't happening.   Then, hours later bam surprise there it is. 

So, does DTV have any explanation or solution for this issue?  seems like it is pretty common. Very frustrating....

Message 1 of 6
Employee

Re: So what gives with the media share now you see it now you don't

Unfortunately Media Share is a feature left behind by DirecTV and is no longer supported by them. You use "As is"

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

whelp there it is!!  thanks for the info

Message 3 of 6
Tutor

That is unfortunate. Now something has to be purchased to take it's place. I took the plunge and bought a WD Live TV, works great.

Message 4 of 6
Expert

I assume that you're aware that when your computer shuts down the Mediashare feature disappears.  I use Mediashare frequently and find it to be very reliable.

Message 5 of 6
Mentor

The computer's media server may not have started properly. Windows media player has a streaming settings in the toolbar.

A third party software called TVersity  v1.74 is a Media Server which usually works at startup. Go to the computer's task manager and look at the processes for all users. You should see a MediaServer.exe installed by Tversity.

Strangely my other computer streams with Windows Media Player alone.   

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Need immediate assistance with your bill or technical issue? Don’t wait, Click here to chat with us. You can also check out some helpful articles below!

Additional Support